Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 25, 2014, 08:40:14 AM
Home Help Login Register      
News: LiveATC.net Flyers Released!  Please click here to download & print a copy and be sure to post at an airport near you!

+  LiveATC Discussion Forums
|-+  Air Traffic Monitoring
| |-+  Feed Setup Pictures (Moderators: dave, RonR)
| | |-+  KBAZ Setup
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: KBAZ Setup  (Read 11437 times)
beachdarryl0202

KHYI Feeder

« on: August 01, 2010, 11:58:15 PM »

Glad to be a part of this place. I've had this setup for a while, but I just got confident enough to get it public. Still needs work, but here's my very humble arrangement.

Air Band tuned J-pole, approx. 23'5", PVC mast.

The tree you can see a part of has been a bit of a problem, but we keep it trimmed back regularly. I hope to get the imposing limbs cut down soon.

My out-of-retirement laptop running the feed. I run a much faster desktop next to it which is a backup in case of a crash.

And finally, the BC72XLT running the show. It's small, but a nice little scanner. Very easy to use.

I plan to improve as I go. I've found an in-line amp/filter for the Av band that I plan to get soon. I also may move to a more powerful desktop scanner at some point, but for now this rig works great.

Darryl Roach
"I love hearing myself on my own feed!"
KC8HIJ

« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2010, 08:11:32 PM »

sweet!   grin
beachdarryl0202

KHYI Feeder

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2010, 10:14:39 PM »

Got my trees trimmed today! Nothing seems to have improved reception, but at least I no longer have to worry about it in high winds and such.

Darryl Roach
K5PAT

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2010, 03:02:02 PM »

Hey Darryl,
    Your setup looks great, nice and neat.  One suggestion though, don't use white cable ties out in the sun. You will be climbing up that chimney every year to replace them. The sun makes them brittle and fall off. Use the black ones. They are UV resistant.  If I run out of black ones, I wrap several turns of black electrical tape over the white ones to protect them from the sun.
     My wife and I have been planning to fly into BAZ for a couple of years. I hear they have some great german restaurants.  Maybe one day soon. tongue wink

beachdarryl0202

KHYI Feeder

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2010, 12:01:21 AM »

Yeah I know what you mean, just had a surplus of white/clear ones and no black ones. Anyway, it's kind of temporary as it is now because it's going to have to come down for modification when I get the amp I want. Also planning to replace the cable with a better one. I'll try to use black when that happens.  cheesy

Darryl Roach
toeknee25

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2010, 07:25:08 PM »

I run the KSAT feed and I need an antenna like yours! hehe

@t0eknee on twitter

ATC Feed: KSAT
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length