Author Topic: archives...  (Read 13979 times)

dontsayuhoh

archives...
« on: September 12, 2006, 02:42:05 PM »
Hey guys,

Just wondering how its decided which feeds are archived and which ones arent. 

thanks

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
Re: archives...
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2006, 10:38:24 PM »
Hey guys,

Just wondering how its decided which feeds are archived and which ones arent. 

thanks

They are all archived eventually...feeds need to be up and stable for a little while before being added.  If any are missing please speak up and be specific.

Thanks,
Dave

Offline JetScan1

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2006, 10:55:50 PM »
Dave,

If any are missing please speak up and be specific.

ZNY Eastern PA Area. Radio has been up for the last two days, no archives :-(

DJ

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2006, 11:02:36 PM »
Dave,

DJ

Yes...and prior to that had been down for several months.  :-)  We'll add it back.  Eventually this will be more automated but now it is a manual process to add back.

Dave

Offline PHL Approach

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2006, 11:05:54 PM »
Dave,

DJ

Yes...and prior to that had been down for several months.  :-)  We'll add it back.  Eventually this will be more automated but now it is a manual process to add back.

Dave

Haha

dontsayuhoh

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2006, 05:34:08 PM »
Oh I was just talking about my cyow feed.  Its been up about a month now I guess and I havent seen it archived.  Not a big deal I was just curious about what the parameters were.. thought cyow wasnt a popular enough airport!!!
;)

thanks!

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2006, 08:58:01 PM »
Oh I was just talking about my cyow feed.  Its been up about a month now I guess and I havent seen it archived.  Not a big deal I was just curious about what the parameters were.. thought cyow wasnt a popular enough airport!!!
;)

thanks!

Not at all...sometimes they slip through the cracks.  We'll get CYOW up shortly.

Dave

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2006, 07:53:40 AM »
;)

thanks!

Turns out it was archiving all along...just hadn't been listed on the archive list for download.

Dave

dontsayuhoh

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2006, 09:56:33 AM »
Another quick question.  I noticed that after downloading alot of the archives I get the length to be 29 minutes and 29 seconds.  What happened to the other 30 seconds of the archive?

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2006, 10:29:59 AM »
Another quick question.  I noticed that after downloading alot of the archives I get the length to be 29 minutes and 29 seconds.  What happened to the other 30 seconds of the archive?

You're very observant.  :-)  Because of the recording process we currently use, there needs to be a little bit of a buffer between when one recording ends and the next one begins.  That can be easily fixed, though, and it's been on the enhancement list so we'll try to get to it soon.

Thanks,
Dave

dontsayuhoh

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2006, 10:47:36 AM »
sorry if i asked a question thats been asked multiple times but I did a search first and couldnt find anything on it!!!

Is there a list of future enhancements that is posted somewhere?  Again sorry if this one has been asked before but I didnt actually take a look before responding this time.  If its plainly obvious then either call me an idiot or give me the eye rolling smiley.. ;)

thanks though dave!  keep up the good work

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2006, 11:04:50 AM »
Not yet.  At some point there will be a bug and enhancement system online but I am not ready to bring it online yet.

Dave

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2006, 01:10:31 PM »

You're very observant.  :-)  Because of the recording process we currently use, there needs to be a little bit of a buffer between when one recording ends and the next one begins.  That can be easily fixed, though, and it's been on the enhancement list so we'll try to get to it soon.

Thanks,
Dave

This is fixed now...from 1630Z today all archives should be 30 minutes long, plus or minus a few seconds.

Dave

Offline KSYR-pjr

« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2006, 05:33:51 PM »
This is fixed now...from 1630Z today all archives should be 30 minutes long, plus or minus a few seconds.

You're awesome.  Thanks, Dave!

Offline YYCBOS

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2007, 11:16:19 AM »

Dave

Hi Dave,

Are there any reasons the archiving process might truncate files significantly? 

I've tried downloading a number of the JFK tower / ground files from 2/14/07 and some of them aren't complete for the full 30 minutes.  E.g. JFK Clr/Gnd 2-14-07 2300Z shows up as only 12:58 long, the 1530Z shows up as 14:57 long etc....  The JFK tower archive appears to be of the exact same length for those two time periods as well. 

Would there be any particular reason for a shortened recording (suppressing dead air or something?)?  Obviously if the scanner went down that could be an explanation, but the complete set appears to be present (e.g. from 1200 through 2330 all files are present)....

Thx
YYC....

Just to add,
if it helps any,  2200Z is the expected ~30:00 length, the 2230Z files are short (16:10) and then they are short on through till 2330Z which gets to the 23:30 mark and by 2/15/07 0000 file its back to the 30:00 length. 2100Z is also short (19:06) as is 1530Z, 1700Z, and 1930Z and this seems consistent between both the TWR and GND frequencies...

Offline Lincolnshireblue

« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2007, 01:23:37 PM »
It's amazing how often the bit you want to re-listen to is on that last 30 seconds.  Any Controllers out there please note, humour to be avoided just before the half hour and the hour!!!!!!!!

Thanks for a great service