Author Topic: ARTCC Frequencies Website  (Read 8329 times)

Offline AJ Long

ARTCC Frequencies Website
« on: July 05, 2005, 05:54:22 PM »
While talking with NYARTCCFAN, I got the extra push to set up a site dedicated to the US air traffic control system with many various features, and  focusing on a comprehensive list of all current frequencies used by ARTCCs. Considering what an undertaking this could be, I decided to get some feedback and some ideas. Any opinions or help would be MUCH appreciated, and ofcourse, credits would be given to those who assist. This could possibly help the LiveATC site also which would give those who provide feeds possibly more local frequencies they could provide.

Offline PHL Approach

« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2005, 11:39:59 PM »
I told Mike about my idea a couple of months ago :roll: I wanted to do more than just ARTCC, actually any Aviation freqs like FBO's, Unicom etc.., or just mainly controller freqs. It would just a be a simple database and would have a very easy user interface. You put in the frequency and all the descriptions come up for where that freq is used in the US along with transmitter location.
      Bascially let's say someone listens to a freq and doesnt know what it's job is for or where the transmitter is, they just type in 125.4 and it would come up that it's Philadelphia Final Approach (Transmitter in Tinicum Township, on PHL's field). The second set of info would come up at Chicago West Departure (Transmitter in Timbucktoo or whatever). I have had times where I stummbled across frequencies that I didn't know what they were for and many weren't published on airnav or charts, and many people have asked me about freqs they didn't know what they were for or where the transmitters are. I would hopefully like to get contributors to add info when they know it and can confirm the info is true. Over time that database could expand into European, Asia aviation frequencies etc...

Offline MIAMIATC

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2005, 08:52:33 AM »
most of my doddling's with this will have to be on weekends due to the fact that i now work from 8-8 on the road w/my car. I'm just sittingn hre waiting for my dispatch to give me a job so I can head out to my first pickupo since i am now retired from my previous occupation of 911 supervisor.Will definetly do so when I get the chance . I can supply a good amount of frequencies and their respective altitiude correspondence of most centers. Still have to find a way to scan a doc and send it into e-mail or post to the board(wife would have to help there but she works late hours also suince she is an accountant. Any way hope both you 737 and Ed are having fun in florida(ENVY ENVY ENVY).

Offline AJ Long

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2005, 09:23:36 AM »
Im glad I finally got some feedback on this. I've begun work on the site. Anyone who can provide frequencies (CTRs and TRACONs), sector maps, facility IDs (ex. N90- New York TRACON) or anything else they think could be of use, drop me a line at KFLLSpotter(at)aol.com or PM me here.  8)

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2005, 11:36:44 PM »
Quote from: 737NGCapt
Im glad I finally got some feedback on this. I've begun work on the site. Anyone who can provide frequencies (CTRs and TRACONs), sector maps, facility IDs (ex. N90- New York TRACON) or anything else they think could be of use, drop me a line at KFLLSpotter(at)aol.com or PM me here.  8)

If you need hosting I would be happy to host the site or integrate it into LiveATC.net, if you like.

-Dave

Offline AJ Long

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2005, 12:48:24 PM »
Anyone who visits this site happen to have access to the FAA FTP server with the NASR data on it? If so, it'd be much appreciated if they could get in touch with me...