airtraffic

Author Topic: ATIS notams--Flow Control  (Read 7092 times)

Offline Jonathan_tcu

ATIS notams--Flow Control
« on: July 07, 2005, 08:40:55 PM »
I am just listening to current midnight zulu ATIS and for the first time that I've known from the local FSS, there is a notam advising pilots of 'Flow control' back into Toronto Pearson.  When I used to reside in North Bay, that was always included during ATIS updates and sometimes, unless my memory serves me incorrect, during wide open VFR weather, the FSS guys would issue a 'special' simply advising air traffic about Flow back to T.O.  Does your airport's ATIS do this routinely?

Offline Jason

• CFI/CFII
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2005, 11:30:17 PM »
Haven't heard this used in the US.

We usually have the "Severe weather aviodance program" but haven't heard "flow control" mentioned on ANY ATIS broadcast in my aviation life.

Offline IndyTower

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2005, 12:14:45 AM »
Every once in a while on ANC ATIS you'll hear something along the lines of "flow control" or "in-trail spacing" in effect for Russia/the Orient or for the lower forty-eight.  I think I recall on LAX or SFO's ATIS hearing the same type of thing such as "flow control in effect for Chicago's O'hare Airport" etc.  Often this is followed by "contact ground metering/ground control (depending on the airport) prior to engine start."

I'll call a few ATIS' tomorrow to see if any of that's goin on to get the exact wording.  Gotta love free long distance.

Matt