airtraffic

Author Topic: IND on LAF feed for Memorial Day weekend...heavy traffic  (Read 6642 times)

Offline IndyTower

IND on LAF feed for Memorial Day weekend...heavy traffic
« on: May 27, 2005, 04:27:58 PM »
Hey all,

Just wanted to let you know that I'll be scanning IND approach/tower all weekend on the LAF feed (under Class D/Center), from Friday around 330PM EST (now) through sometime Monday afternoon.  As the Indianapolis 500 mile race is Sunday, there will be a large amount of traffic landing and departing IND and the area satellite airports.  There will also be many military fly-bys going on over the racetrack and over other parts of town, especially on Sunday.  Tonight and tomorrow will be busy with arrivals, and Sunday and Monday will be busy with departures.  Probably the busiest weekend Indy ever sees in a year.  Wanted to let you all know.

If it gets busy enough that tower splits and goes to two frequencies, I may change the feed to just the tower frequencies and the final approach frequency because it'd be too jumbled otherwise.

Enjoy!

Matt

Offline IndyTower

IND on LAF feed for Memorial Day weekend...heavy traffic
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2005, 08:17:18 PM »
Much of the traffic from the Indy 500 has left Indy, so I'll scan high altitude Indy Center the rest of Sunday night and all of Monday unless IND picks up considerably again...I know there are plenty of you who prefer that.

Matt