Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 29, 2014, 11:01:10 PM
Home Help Login Register      
News: LiveATC.net Flyers Released!  Please click here to download & print a copy and be sure to post at an airport near you!

+  LiveATC Discussion Forums
|-+  Air Traffic Monitoring
| |-+  Listener Forum (Moderators: dave, RonR)
| | |-+  audio feeds through Tivo, using JRiver Media Center
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: audio feeds through Tivo, using JRiver Media Center  (Read 4697 times)
keith

« on: September 13, 2004, 03:40:24 PM »

I'm not sure how many ppl this applies to, but I managed to get all the audio streams working through my two Tivos at home, meaning I can pull up the audio through the tv, and listen on the couch, or in the bedroom, in addition to my desktop or either of the two laptops Smiley  Suffice to say, the wife hates it....but here's how I did it.

I feed the tivos through JRiver Media Center (instead of the Tivo Publisher software). I open JRiver Media Center, select OPEN URL from the File menu, enter the URL (ending with m3u extension).  JRiver starts playing the stream...

Go to JRiver's NOW PLAYING section, right click on the item, select ADD TO PLAYLIST.  Repeat for all the ATC feeds Smiley  Restart JRiver Media Server..._RUN_ upstairs/downstairs to your Tivo, and viola/violin/cello...there they are!

Keith

KS Flight Log - pics, videos, ATC/intercom audio and in depth flight reviews
PilotEdge - add ATC to your simulation experience
airshark

« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2004, 02:30:51 PM »

You don't need to use JRiver Media Center to do this.  You can do this with JavaHMO (Javahmo.sf.net) using the GUI or you can enter it manually.

Check out my responses in this thread:

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=194869
keith

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2004, 04:05:41 PM »

I agree, JRiver isn't needed, but it's what I'm already using, so I thought I'd post the info.  Thanks for posting the link to alternate solutions.

Keith

KS Flight Log - pics, videos, ATC/intercom audio and in depth flight reviews
PilotEdge - add ATC to your simulation experience
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length