airtraffic

Author Topic: Centennial?  (Read 6503 times)

Offline Chananya Freedman

Centennial?
« on: December 15, 2008, 07:39:52 PM »
Where is Centennial airport located?  Does it cover commercial flights?  What kind of airspace does it have around it?  I never heard of this airport until I saw it on the "top 30 feeds" page.

Chananya

Offline tyketto

Re: Centennial?
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2008, 07:41:10 PM »
Where is Centennial airport located?  Does it cover commercial flights?  What kind of airspace does it have around it?  I never heard of this airport until I saw it on the "top 30 feeds" page.

Chananya

Centennial Airport

Should be a Class D airport underneath Denver Class B, about 19nm southwest of KDEN.

BL.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2008, 07:43:24 PM by tyketto »

Offline KSYR-pjr

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2008, 09:27:34 PM »
Airnav reports only general aviation activity and a very small percentage of military:

Aircraft operations: avg 919/day *
43%    local general aviation
41%    transient general aviation
16%    air taxi
1%    military

When I compared that airport's operations to some of the busier GA airports in the Northeast US, I see that Centennial is almost 100% busier than the big GA airports on this side of the Mississippi River.

For example, Teterboro and White Plains (two of the busiest GA airports serving NY City) show average operations/day of 548 and 461, and Bedford/Hanscom serving Boston comes in at 480 operations/day.  Kennedy, to give you an idea, hosts about 1300 operations per day.

I would say that Centennial is one extremely busy GA airport in Colorado, if not the US.

Offline denverpilot

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2012, 05:46:02 AM »
Very busy. Military has increased too. Navy F-18s stop in fairly regularly.

Offline datainmotion

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2012, 07:47:52 PM »
As Denverpilot would probably agree, KAPA is well-suited geographically, to serve the Denver Tech Center, as well as downtown. Frankly, for corporate passengers on private or chartered flights, it makes much more sense than KDEN if doing business in either of those two areas.

*EDIT* - oops, just noticed we've necro-posted on this one. Sorry  :oops:
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 07:49:59 PM by datainmotion »