Author Topic: CRJ-100ER Crashes  (Read 6315 times)

Offline bogman

Offline ORD Don

Re: CRJ-100ER Crashes
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2008, 11:06:10 PM »

Looks nasty !!    I wonder what the percentage of Western vs. Russian built commercial aircraft is in the
    Eastern European countries these days...

Offline moto400ex

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2008, 02:43:22 AM »

I wonder what made it flip over like that,any thoughts anyone.

Russian pilots made it flip over.

Offline RV1

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2008, 07:51:55 AM »
One wing was lower than the other.

Offline KASWspotter

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2008, 10:09:19 AM »
An incident like this on takeoff can have several causes. A heavy gust of wind right at rotation causing a wing strike.  Engine failure on the takeoff run possibly over corrected. Rejected take off with poor braking action. Im waiting for our resident CRJ Driver (Cessna) to give his input on this one. Incredible it had a happy ending looking at the pics. Im gonna follow this one with some interest to see what really happened.

Offline bogman

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2008, 03:50:58 PM »
Im waiting for our resident CRJ Driver (Cessna) to give his input on this one. Incredible it had a happy ending looking at the pics. Im gonna follow this one with some interest to see what really happened.

I was looking at the pictures again and i was wondering would the weather have anything to do with the crash,  i.e.  ice on the runway or the plane itself.............just a thought,am waiting like KASWspotter what Cessna has to say.

Bogman

Offline KASWspotter

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2008, 04:41:04 PM »
I was just curious if there may be something CRJ specific that could cause something this to happen. Not saying however that it is CRJ specific if that makes sense. LOL