Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 31, 2014, 07:50:12 PM
Home Help Login Register      
News: LiveATC.net Flyers Released!  Please click here to download & print a copy and be sure to post at an airport near you!

+  LiveATC Discussion Forums
|-+  Air Traffic Monitoring
| |-+  Listener Forum (Moderators: dave, RonR)
| | |-+  CYYZ radar ?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: CYYZ radar ?  (Read 4137 times)
FlyingPete

« on: February 24, 2005, 09:53:23 PM »

Hi all,

I'm new here and have been a flight sim enthousiast for quite a while now.

I had a question: Is there a website where I can have some sort of visual along with the CYYZ feed ?

I know there are some paying software (I've seen Airnav's) out there but I'm a little tight for now, so checking some other avenue...   wink

Thanks

Pete
KSYR-pjr

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2005, 11:44:39 PM »

Quote from: FlyingPete
I had a question: Is there a website where I can have some sort of visual along with the CYYZ feed ?

The freebie US ATC radar site with which I am familiar (http://www.passur.com/sites.htm) purposly introduces a 5 to 10 minute delay for security reasons.  Thus, the only option is to sync up an archive file with the radar images, assuming you can even find a freebie of Toronto.

Regards, Peter
ATC Feed:  Syracuse (KSYR), NY
mstram

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2005, 08:24:13 PM »

Pete,

Avweb's flight tracker http://www.avweb.com/fe/ is only 9.95 / month, and is very slick.   I subscribed to it for awhile a couple of years ago.

Even more fun IMO, is to "roll your own" display.   You can either use a simple paint program, or maybe a free 3d program like Blender, and get as elaborate as your time and energy allow Smiley

I've started to do just that, playing with FlashMX.    

There are also some ATC sim's on the web as well that you might be able to customize.

Mike
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length