airtraffic

Author Topic: czqm and czqx  (Read 5873 times)

Offline vz1

czqm and czqx
« on: January 26, 2006, 12:34:40 AM »
i like this feed but i have a few question about.  on freq 125.25 you only here the controler.  are you real far from the transmitter for this freq.  
 i do not here any feed from gander control was that freq giving you a lot of noise.  

also if anyyone is trying to follow a plane it takes about 2 hours from kphl and 4 hours from katl to reach this feed.

Offline JetScan1

czqm and czqx
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2006, 09:56:28 PM »
Not my radio, but I have listened to it for awhile. The reception of the Moncton and Gander controllers on 125.250 and 119.425 respectively is very good, however the reception range of aircraft on this radio is very poor. You can only hear aircraft in the high sectors when they are within about 50-60 miles of this radios location at Sydney. On the Moncton low altitude sector frequency of 118.600 the reception is even worse, this transmitter is also located at Sydney but you can't hear the controller and you can only hear aircraft when they are about 15-20 miles of the airport, the radio also hangs up on this frequency after some transmissions due to interference. There are also other frequencies being scanned that are not listed, I've heard aircraft on 135.200 and 134.700, but very weak, also at least one of the other high altitude frequencies transmitting from Sydney appear to be entered in the scanner but you can't hear the controller, and again only aircraft when they are within about 50-60 miles of the radio (Sydney). The other thing to consider is that at times the controller transmitting on 125.250 will be working aircraft that are on different frequencies and quite far from this location. The sector configuration is variable depending on the location of the NAT tracks and traffic volume. Moncton also does not appear to have an operating relay system between frequencies like Gander does. The bottom line is the reception range on this radio is very poor, but it just happens to be very close to the 125.25 and 119.425 transmitter sites. DJ

Offline vz1

czqm and czqx
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2006, 11:18:05 PM »
dj this site soundd's good tonight.  for someone who is blindd your decription are very goodd.  you also tell me what is around the area that i am question about.  this is a big help to me.  keep up the good work. thankks vz1