Author Topic: CZYZ feed  (Read 4006 times)

Offline Scrapper

CZYZ feed
« on: August 12, 2006, 04:13:23 PM »
Hi again everyone... quick question for the person who runs the CZYZ feed... is there any reason that you also have toronto city centre included in the already very busy centre frequencies surrounding toronto's terminal control? We've had numerous conversations in various strings about scanning too many freqs at once and I was just wondering if anyone agrees that it makes too much toronto city centre conversation, and you end up missing out on all the interesting stuff that happens just outside of toronto's terminal control area... such as flights departing and climbing to their cruisinng altitutes, and flights being slowed down and sequenced for descent into toronto's pearson... If you find the toronto city centre airport stuff more interesting then I recommend keeping that stuff and calling your feed toronto city centre (but there's already a site for that), but if you find the centre stuff and the sequencing more interesting, then I recommend dropping the city centre tower stuff...
of course it's your feed though and if you're happy to then by all means keep it the way it is, it's not my place to tell you how to run your feed... but this is just a suggestion as there are way too many radio transmissions going on at once... for myself anyway, this used to be my favourite feed to listen to, but I now no longer listen to it for that very reason...

Offline JetScan1

Re: CZYZ feed
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2006, 04:33:35 PM »
I was just wondering if anyone agrees that it makes too much toronto city centre conversation, and you end up missing out on all the interesting stuff that happens just outside of toronto's terminal control area

I totally agree ! Scanning too many busy frequencies makes no sense, this radio is a perfect example. If it's busy airspace, then concentrate on one area or adjacent sectors, mixing up high and low like this doesn't work in this case. Hopefully more people will start speaking up about this, a lot of radios here are not operating to their potential due to illogical frequency selection or too many busy frequencies being scanned.

In this case it would be far better to concentrate on either the enroute Center only or YTZ only, but not both on the same radio. Ideally you would get another radio, but in cases were this is not an option another solution might be to change up the frequency selection from time to time, concentrating on maybe one sector or area for a few days at a time. I've been doing this with the New York JFK Tower radio over the last few weeks and found it quite effective, it's certainly better than trying to scan every frequency at once. Just my 2 cents. DJ

Offline Scrapper

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2006, 06:44:19 PM »
exactly... and since I believe there already is a toronto city centre feed (albeit it seems to be down all the time) I would recommend keeping the low and high sectors adjacent to the toronto terminal control area, so we can follow aircraft sequencing down from their cruising altitudes, and listen to how the controllers slow and speed them up as required (and assign holds as necessary when really busy, which frequently happens prior to entering toronto's busy terminal area) and then switch to the toronto terminal feed (CYYZ) to listen to the approach controller and finally tower... if someone could put up a montreal centre feed, we would be able to monitor entire flights in canada's busiest and most interesting sectors (ie. flights from toronto to montreal and back) as well as the stuff coming in from minneapolis centre, etc.)

Offline MIAMIATC

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2006, 01:13:50 PM »
133.225,135.025,134.4,128.775,134.975,126.575,128.225,132.55,AND 132.35 :wink: