Dave makes it nice and simple to get a feed up.
From the front page Feeder Sites
If you are within 20 miles of an airport and have a police scanner or any airband-capable scanning receiver, please consider becoming a feeder site.
Besides the scanner, you need:
- an always-on Internet connection (feed uses only 16kbps)
- an external antenna (preferred for optimum reception)
- audio cable to connect scanner to PC's sound card
- a PC running Windows or Linux
- open source software (free) I provide and help you set up
Only thing I had to buy was a male to male audio cable from Radioshack, and plug it into line-in or speaker of your soundcard. Of course you need a scanner that will recieve VHF airband (relatively inexpensive now). You could probably even get away with using a handheld if you're really closeby.