Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 28, 2014, 04:21:50 AM
Home Help Login Register      
News: LiveATC.net Flyers Released!  Please click here to download & print a copy and be sure to post at an airport near you!

+  LiveATC Discussion Forums
|-+  Air Traffic Monitoring
| |-+  Listener Forum (Moderators: dave, RonR)
| | |-+  Emergency transmissions of AirIndia 111 at KJFK
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Emergency transmissions of AirIndia 111 at KJFK  (Read 8947 times)
Scrapper

« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2008, 08:17:42 PM »

Haha... I just had that question on my last exam... funny that we're talking about it here just a couple of days later.
The way you described it is basically exactly the way we were taught it. Pilots have 1000 different ways to mention that they are low on fuel, and to take note that it only means that they are approaching their fuel reserve and may not be able to accept delays, etc. I assume (maybe not correctly though) that if THIS guy (AIC111) was declaring a pan, that he was pretty low on fuel... although you never know I guess... that klm flight that declared a fuel emergency after CYYZ had the air france runway overrun and who rerouted to KSYR didn't really sound too distressed... Toronto terminal offered him Hamilton airport and he preferred continuing to KSYR since it was already programmed into his FMS... nice... and if you listen to the SYR feed, I think you can hear him asking what gate he's getting while he's on final... haha... way to keep your cool...

Talk to you in a bit,
Scrapper
ruz

« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2011, 11:38:15 AM »

the links dead ......... can someone do something about it??
really wanna listen to it cause of the recent Pilot license scams on in india!!
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length