Author Topic: Ever Tracked a Specific Flight?  (Read 10243 times)

Offline atc123

Ever Tracked a Specific Flight?
« on: March 02, 2005, 05:42:20 PM »
I tracked my wife's flight departure and arrivle from DTW to EWR in the middle of a snowstorm, has anyone else done similar?

Offline Jason

• CFI/CFII
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2005, 07:37:47 PM »
Well my dad is a corprate pilot for a fractional company.  I track basically all his flights so I know where he's going or I see what Flight Plan's he has filed.

I track an average of 5 flights per day.  :wink:

Offline IndyTower

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2005, 09:53:10 PM »
Well due to the fact that I'm obsessed with ATC and airline fleet scheduling and the like, I'll admit to tracking flights and aircraft obsessively.  The best is tracking an airline's aircraft using electronic timetables and flight info to check gates and follow an aircraft around for a few days.  Plug the flight #s for a particular aircraft into Fboweb's flight tracker and watch it for days.  And the fact the I pay for that doesn't make me look much less dorky either.  Also fun to listen to a flight departing on one of the feeds and hear in on approach and tower on teh other end for flight originating and arriving airports that have feeds.  Yeah...I'm over the top.  Going to stop before I embarress myself.

Matt

Offline JetBlue

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2005, 07:32:11 PM »
I had a couple of friends flying into Boston from Denver, and I brought up my AirNav Flight Tracker and tracked their flight into Boston. I had to pick them up at LGA, so it was pretty cool tracking the DEN to BOS flight, waiting until their connecting flight to LGA was in the air, and then leaving to go pick them up  :D