airtraffic

Author Topic: EWR Feed Restored  (Read 8612 times)

Offline jkaplan

EWR Feed Restored
« on: November 24, 2006, 10:08:25 AM »
All,

First, please accept my apologies for the EWR feed being down for so long.

It has now been restored.

Best Regards,
-Jonathan

Offline jkaplan

Re: EWR Feed Restored
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2006, 05:26:28 PM »
I am going to head over to the feed site this evening to see if I can get audio quality to be better....

Also, I would appreciate feedback:  I currently have the scanner set to listen to Newark Tower (with Priority), AND NY Departure.   Do folks like this, or would they just prefer Newark Tower?

Please let me know.

Thanks!

Offline Acey

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2006, 07:03:32 PM »
...or would they just prefer Newark Tower?

I would personally just prefer EWR Tower, as we already have several N90 feeds.  Since both runways are controlled on 18.3, there is plenty of action.

Offline jkaplan

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2006, 11:06:37 PM »
Hi,

I have eliminated NY departure from the EWR feed and also improved reception.

Best,
-Jonathan

Offline Miyridian

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2006, 03:36:27 PM »
Any way to possibly get a ground/tower split?

Offline jkaplan

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2006, 03:38:32 PM »
Hi,

I am not sure what you mean... but I am open to any suggestions... Can you clarify?

Offline lostmoon

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2006, 05:39:58 PM »
THANK YOU so much for this. I appreciate that yuo did that.

Offline Blue Yonder

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2006, 08:36:42 PM »
Thank you for taking the time to contribute to this fine hobby. Your efforts to get the EWR feed back and running again are much appreciated.

I find that having the tower on a dedicated feed is ideal. Ditto on the Ground / Tower split. If there is anyway to have one dedicated feed for both Ground & Clearance, for example, while keeping the tower on a separate feed, it would be nice. Otherwise, it's great the way it's set up right now.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2006, 08:38:52 PM by Blue Yonder »

Offline Miyridian

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2006, 12:55:58 AM »
I mean being able to listen to both Tower and Ground on the same feed. Just like you had with Tower and Departure, but Ground instead of Departure.

Offline jkaplan

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2006, 07:25:48 AM »
Oh... I see.. Sorry for being dense...

I will be out at the feeder site tonight or tomorrow night and will see what I can work out....

Offline sysconx

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2006, 08:44:41 AM »
I do not know if the departure/approach freq's are already covered in the NYC area. Only JFK/LGA arrivals are covered as far as I know. Arrivals coming into EWR are not covered as aren't any other flights from surrounding airports (TEB, MMU, CDW, etc.) There is always a lot of action there as GA aircraft try to work together with the commercial birds in and out of this EWR area. Great listening though. Love the support from the feeders. Thank you.
I also know that lot of clearance deliveries are being delivered via ACARS and are no longer heard on the airwaves.

Rdgs, Kris

Offline JetScan1

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2006, 09:12:17 AM »
EWR Tower and Ground both get very busy, the feed would be a lot better if you ONLY had the Tower frequency selected. Adding Ground just blocks out the Tower a lot of the time. The only real solution is to get another radio and have it dedicated to Ground only. But in the meantime with only one radio available it doesn't make it better if you just keep adding on a whole bunch of busy frequencies as people request them. My opinion. DJ 
« Last Edit: November 29, 2006, 09:16:10 AM by JetScan1 »

Offline jkaplan

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2006, 09:14:18 AM »
I tend to agree with JetScan1 if ground is very busy.  I can do a second radio in the near future....  I will keep you posted.