Author Topic: Feb. 23rd Thunderbirds do the Daytona 500 race flyby. Live feed?  (Read 7141 times)

Offline av8tor172

• Military Air Communication Frequenices, Live MilAir Streaming, Recorded MilAir Comms.
Feb. 23rd Thunderbirds do the Daytona 500 race flyby. Live feed?
« on: February 16, 2014, 05:00:56 PM »
I was wondering if the person doing the Daytona Beach International Airport (KDAB) liveatc.net feed will be scanning the Thunderbird frequencies. They will be doing the flyby at the start of the Daytona 500 Race. 

I'm not sure if the KDAB live feed can hear aircraft on the ground, if so the pre-flight Thunderbird comms are always very fun to listen to. I'm 10 miles from KDAB, can hear ground side of tower/approach comms, but usually not aircraft on the ground.  I'm listening to the KDAB Clearance/Ground feed now, but just hearing hum but know there are comms on those freqs as I'm hearing it through my scanner.

George
www.MilAirComms.com

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
Re: Feb. 23rd Thunderbirds do the Daytona 500 race flyby. Live feed?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2014, 05:07:51 PM »
I was wondering if the person doing the Daytona Beach International Airport (KDAB) liveatc.net feed will be scanning the Thunderbird frequencies. They will be doing the flyby at the start of the Daytona 500 Race. 

I'm not sure if the KDAB live feed can hear aircraft on the ground, if so the pre-flight Thunderbird comms are always very fun to listen to. I'm 10 miles from KDAB, can hear ground side of tower/approach comms, but usually not aircraft on the ground.  I'm listening to the KDAB Clearance/Ground feed now, but just hearing hum but know there are comms on those freqs as I'm hearing it through my scanner.

George
www.MilAirComms.com

That is my feed…we don't have any UHF-capable scanners there so no ability to do the military UHF side.  I will check on the Clearance/Ground feed tomorrow…perhaps came out of scan somehow.

Thanks,
Dave

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
Re: Feb. 23rd Thunderbirds do the Daytona 500 race flyby. Live feed?
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2014, 05:11:58 PM »
Clearance/Ground issue now fixed.