Author Topic: Hello To All  (Read 8238 times)

Offline iceman

Hello To All
« on: June 04, 2005, 08:31:51 AM »
I am a huge aviation fan as this was my job in the military, Army Aviation. Thank you for this awesome site as it puts me right back into my job. I am retired now and as soon as I get my scanner either fixed or replaced (TKS to my damn cat) I would like to join up as a feeder site.  I currently live just south of the CVG airport, right under both 36L and 36R approaches.

I do have a question, before my scanner was used as a play toy for my cat, I use to listen to CVG all the time, now with LIVEATC I can again TKS. My question is what kind of time delay is there listening to it on-line compared to live via the scanner? I didn’t discover LIVE ATC until after my scanner was broken so I never had the chance to compare them.

I look forward to becoming a bigger part of the group.

Offline Jason

• CFI/CFII
Hello To All
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2005, 08:44:00 AM »
Hi Iceman.  The time-delays on most of the feeds are fairly good, somewhere between 7 to 30 seconds give or take.  Connections, your ISP, etc all contribute to the delay.  I'm glad you like it!  :D

Most of the feeds are archived up to 14 days as well so you can go back in transmission times too!  8)

Offline MIAMIATC

Hello To All
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2005, 09:44:25 PM »
Welcome

Offline PHL Approach

Hello To All
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2005, 10:40:40 PM »
Welcome Aboard, after Pottsto....