airtraffic

Author Topic: ind center question  (Read 7261 times)

Offline vz1

ind center question
« on: May 03, 2006, 09:12:08 PM »
first of all the feed is very good. i tune in about 6 am your time.  i know that ind center is very big.  the set up you had for the last few morningg is that mostly low freq's? thank you

Offline PIT

ind center question
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2006, 10:52:11 PM »
do  you havea map of the airspace. i am curious to see waht area that is

Offline vz1

ind center question
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2006, 11:01:12 PM »
no i do not have a map of that area. the only thing i use is knowing som of the cityy's that are on the edge of the center.

Offline IndyTower

ind center question
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2006, 12:07:10 AM »
I actually have been scanning all freqs listed since I started the feed.  The times I've listened, it hasn't seemed too cluttered, so I may just keep it that way.  I'm finishing up this week at Purdue, so I haven't been able to switch freqs around.  I'll play with it some next week as I'll be back at my parent's place indefinatly (hopefully the FAA doesn't take too many years to call...).

Some of the freqs may still be combined that early in the morning.  I'd guess that's around when they start splitting them up.  However, IND, SDF, and ILM all have cargo flights that depart around 3-5am, so they're likely not too split during that time frame.

I have a map of all of ZID's airspace, though it's not completely updated.  The new high Indy area sector 125.15 isn't on there.  Maybe I can send it to you Dave and you can post it on the site somewhere?  I'd rather not email it out to everyone if at all possible.

Glad to hear you're enjoying it!

Matt

Offline vz1

ind center question
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2006, 01:03:26 AM »
mat could you tell me what the boundry on the hi ind center 125.15 freq.  also did ind center get ridd of the 132.325 freq which is near crw? lyle

Offline IndyTower

ind center question
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2006, 10:52:43 AM »
I'm not real familiar with the CRW area, but I'm not seeing 132.32 on the map I have.

As for 125.15, I'm not positive.  I believe the Wabash high sector got split in half, which is FL340 and above.  Wabash before extended from the northwestern border of the airspace (northwest of Terre Haute) to over to the Muncie area on the north side, and down south to just north of Nabb and over to the west again towards the western border north of Bloomington, Indiana area.  So it may be either half of that sector split down the middle.  I'll try listening to just that freq when I get home this weekend to see if I can't figure it out.  I also have a friend who's a developmental at ZID who may be able to help.

Matt

Offline IndyTower

ind center question
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2006, 05:40:48 PM »
The ZID sector map I got a year or so ago has been posted...can be found with the feed's freq list.  Thanks Dave!  As a disclaimer, it is not up do date...ie the new sector (125.15) isn't on there.

Offline JetScan1

ind center question
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2006, 03:15:37 PM »
Last time I heard 125.150 in use they were using it for the western half of the WAB (99) sector, FL340 and above. Although just listening this afternoon between 1400-1500 EDT, they had KNG (80) merged with IND (89), same area as WAB (99), and were using 133.425 for both between what appeared to be FL310 and FL330, 134.175 was not in use, and they had another new frequency 125.125 (not to be confused with 125.150), which they appeared to be using between FL240 and FL300. I've never heard that configuration before, maybe a weird day or they are trying something new ? DJ