Author Topic: JFK tower fee echo  (Read 18964 times)

Offline 13ifs40

JFK tower fee echo
« on: August 21, 2011, 09:54:38 AM »
good morning

I was wondering if anyone else was getting and echo on the JFK tower feed.    I find that on the combo feed with twr /ground and with the all/119.1 channel.    What I hear is a double instuction by the tower controller

What will happen is the tower will say something       then a second later he repeats it and the aircraft will then answer

I just got a new computer and was wondering if it was me or is everyone else getting the same thing?

thanks all in advance

Ian Snow

Offline K5PAT

Re: JFK tower fee echo
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2011, 11:33:40 AM »
Make sure you don't have your media player opened twice. That will make it sound like an echo if you have two of them opened at once.

Offline 13ifs40

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2011, 05:35:37 PM »
HI

I checked that out and I for some reason keep getting the double echo

if it is nobody else it must be my computer

thanks

Ian Snow

Offline aevins

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2011, 10:31:56 PM »
I've heard it as well.

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2011, 09:22:29 AM »
It's not your player's fault.  I am still experimenting with the combo feeds and time synchronization.  When two frequencies are combined on the controller end, and the two individual feeds get out of time sync by even a fraction of a second, echo results.  Trying to work on a way to fix it, but it could take a little while.  In the interim you can listen to either one of the two separate feeds, or perhaps open two players.  This will eventually be fixed.

Offline makonyy15

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2011, 12:07:26 PM »
Wanted to piggy back this thread as KSYR combo is having a similar problem. Getting an echo with the DEL/GND/TWR/APP combo feed. The two separate feeds are fine. Thanks in advance.

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2011, 12:08:40 PM »
Wanted to piggy back this thread as KSYR combo is having a similar problem. Getting an echo with the DEL/GND/TWR/APP combo feed. The two separate feeds are fine. Thanks in advance.

Yup, same issue.  Combo feed.