Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 16, 2017, 12:19:32 PM
Home Help Login Register      
News: No coverage in your area? If you are near your local airport contact us to learn about becoming a volunteer

+  LiveATC Discussion Forums
|-+  Air Traffic Monitoring
| |-+  Listener Forum (Moderators: dave, RonR)
| | |-+  JFK tower fee echo
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: JFK tower fee echo  (Read 10195 times)
13ifs40

« on: August 21, 2011, 09:54:38 AM »

good morning

I was wondering if anyone else was getting and echo on the JFK tower feed.    I find that on the combo feed with twr /ground and with the all/119.1 channel.    What I hear is a double instuction by the tower controller

What will happen is the tower will say something       then a second later he repeats it and the aircraft will then answer

I just got a new computer and was wondering if it was me or is everyone else getting the same thing?

thanks all in advance

Ian Snow
K5PAT

« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2011, 11:33:40 AM »

Make sure you don't have your media player opened twice. That will make it sound like an echo if you have two of them opened at once.

13ifs40

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2011, 05:35:37 PM »

HI

I checked that out and I for some reason keep getting the double echo

if it is nobody else it must be my computer

thanks

Ian Snow
aevins

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2011, 10:31:56 PM »

I've heard it as well.
dave
Site Founder
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2011, 09:22:29 AM »

It's not your player's fault.  I am still experimenting with the combo feeds and time synchronization.  When two frequencies are combined on the controller end, and the two individual feeds get out of time sync by even a fraction of a second, echo results.  Trying to work on a way to fix it, but it could take a little while.  In the interim you can listen to either one of the two separate feeds, or perhaps open two players.  This will eventually be fixed.
makonyy15

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2011, 12:07:26 PM »

Wanted to piggy back this thread as KSYR combo is having a similar problem. Getting an echo with the DEL/GND/TWR/APP combo feed. The two separate feeds are fine. Thanks in advance.
dave
Site Founder
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2011, 12:08:40 PM »

Wanted to piggy back this thread as KSYR combo is having a similar problem. Getting an echo with the DEL/GND/TWR/APP combo feed. The two separate feeds are fine. Thanks in advance.

Yup, same issue.  Combo feed.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length