airtraffic

Author Topic: KBIL back on the air!  (Read 7619 times)

Offline mtpiper

KBIL back on the air!
« on: September 27, 2015, 08:49:49 PM »
I know it's not a beehive of activity, but Dave sent me equipment, and KBIL (Billings, MT) is back on.
Separate feeds available for Approach, Tower/Ground, and ZLC Sector 15 (not stellar reception on ZLC, but I'm working on it).
Tony

Offline 777lrf

Re: KBIL back on the air!
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2015, 04:27:00 AM »
Thank you very much! I appreciate the coverage in these areas.

Offline stealth71

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2015, 11:40:58 PM »
mtpiper, I provide the Missoula stream, so its good to have a fellow Montanan here representing the Big Sky Country.

Offline mtpiper

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2015, 07:22:09 PM »
For those listening to KBIL, I moved the antenna from a temporary location to its new home. Reception is much improved.
Tony

Offline mtpiper

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2015, 07:27:05 PM »
mtpiper, I provide the Missoula stream, so its good to have a fellow Montanan here representing the Big Sky Country.

Thanks! I used to work for Horizon Air up at KMSO in the early '90s, then went to Horizon flight ops at KPDX. Miss the job, but glad to be back in Montana (16 years now!). I've been in a non-aviation job for 10 years, so my ATC feed and an ADS-B feed keep my fingers in it a little  :-)

Offline stealth71

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2015, 11:22:38 AM »
I work at the airport, so I can tell you that all is well at the QXE station in Missoula.

Offline kriley

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2015, 06:56:58 PM »
Thank you, mtpiper, for bringing KBIL back online!  I hadn't checked in a few months, but I was bummed when it went down this spring.   :-D