Author Topic: KFLL 119.7 Feedback Wanted  (Read 8965 times)

Offline kfllatc

KFLL 119.7 Feedback Wanted
« on: February 25, 2010, 11:37:12 AM »
I am looking for feedback. As requested by one of our listeners, I added frequency MIA App/Dep freq. 119.7 (271-090 BELOW 4000) to the KFLL feed, which is the only MIA App/Dep freq that I receive two way communications from my location.  KFLL TWR/Ground Feed is busy on its own. Please let me know what you think about adding this frequency.

Thanks!

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
Re: KFLL 119.7 Feedback Wanted
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2010, 11:38:17 AM »
Thanks...did you ever determine where the transmitter is?  Sounds like it is probably at FXE.  Any other Fort Lauderdale locals know for sure?

Offline JetScan1

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2010, 12:28:41 PM »
I am looking for feedback.

My own personal preference is not to have too many busy freqs on one radio. Tower alone would be the best option. Having ground control on busy Tower feeds just makes it annoying to listen too with everyone stepping all over and blocking each other out all the time. Adding approach just makes it even worse. IMHO.

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2010, 12:38:04 PM »
This is just an experiment.  We will have more south Florida feeds coming on soon.  I have been trying to be more sensitive to feeds with too many frequencies.  At less busy airports it is OK, but as I start to understand FLL's traffic level I tend to agree.

I typically defer to the feeder if it is not a LiveATC-run feed since they always understand the local traffic situation better than I do.  But I do try to guard against complete overload.

Dave

I am looking for feedback.

My own personal preference is not to have too many busy freqs on one radio. Tower alone would be the best option. Having ground control on busy Tower feeds just makes it annoying to listen too with everyone stepping all over and blocking each other out all the time. Adding approach just makes it even worse. IMHO.

Offline captkel

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2010, 02:46:31 PM »
the RCAG for 119.7 is at FLL. I receive it very well from my location and most of the MIA approach & departure  frequencies  transmitted from Miami. What can I say....I have the super duper antenna setup:-D

Offline captkel

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2010, 02:51:11 PM »
not to beg...but here goes, get me another radio and i'll feed some other Miami frequiencies, etc. :-D

KEL

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2010, 02:51:56 PM »
not to beg...but here goes, get me another radio and i'll feed some other Miami frequiencies, etc. :-D

KEL

Contact me offline.

Offline kfllatc

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2010, 04:18:47 PM »
It is at FLL, but it appears most of the traffic being handled is to/from KFXE, KPMP, and KBCT.  I will leave 119.7 up for one more day.  I think best this frequency be picked up by a more suitable Feed location. Thanks.

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2010, 04:22:33 PM »
It is at FLL, but it appears most of the traffic being handled is to/from KFXE, KPMP, and KBCT.  I will leave 119.7 up for one more day.  I think best this frequency be picked up by a more suitable Feed location. Thanks.

I tend to agree...for all the reasons discussed in this thread.  I have another place to get it from.  No worries.

Offline JetScan1

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2010, 06:05:07 PM »
get me another radio and i'll feed some other Miami frequiencies, etc.

The ultimate solution would be a WebSDR receiver (see website below). If anyone can figure out how to get one to work on the aviation band I'd be up for a donation.

http://www.websdr.org/

Offline captkel

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2010, 07:24:56 PM »
i used what i think was one of those a few years ago. I think the site was  DXTUNER. I liked it however the bad part was some people would not ask permission before they would tune the radio and there attitude was F@#$% You if you complained to them.

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2010, 10:35:35 PM »
119.7 will be put on the KFXE feed this weekend, again as an experiment to check reception.  That feed only has a single frequency on it.

Offline JetScan1

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2010, 12:52:54 PM »
i used what i think was one of those a few years ago. I think the site was  DXTUNER.

No, it's different than DX Tuners. From the website, "SDR technology makes it possible that all listeners tune independently, and thus listen to different signals". It means, using one radio, that multiple users can tune different frequencies at the same time, you only hear the frequency you have tuned and don't conflict with what anyone else is listening too.  DJ

Offline captkel

« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2010, 06:26:10 AM »
119.7 will be put on the KFXE feed this weekend, again as an experiment to check reception.  That feed only has a single frequency on it.

Good luck....FXE during the day gets VERY busy :-o

KEL