Author Topic: KLAS feed down for days  (Read 16838 times)

Offline Mr Dispatcher

KLAS feed down for days
« on: December 02, 2014, 05:17:41 PM »
I live here in Vegas and see that our feeds are down since 11.26.. the airport is going through a lot of new construction and the replacement of runway 25R..SO I am wondering if this feed loss is part f that construction? Further the public viewing area has a posted sign to tune in to 101.1 to listen to tower.. well that's been down for 6 months!..

I'm there taking pictures all the time, many people come and ask me what's with the ATC on the radio? I don't have an answer, I'm hoping someone here may know so I can pass the word..

Lastly, how can I become a broadcaster of the local LAS freq's?

Thanks in Advance

Mr Dispatcher

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
Re: KLAS feed down for days
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2014, 05:35:39 PM »
I will contact you privately.

Offline tyketto

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2014, 01:20:54 PM »
I live here in Vegas and see that our feeds are down since 11.26.. the airport is going through a lot of new construction and the replacement of runway 25R..SO I am wondering if this feed loss is part f that construction? Further the public viewing area has a posted sign to tune in to 101.1 to listen to tower.. well that's been down for 6 months!..

I'm there taking pictures all the time, many people come and ask me what's with the ATC on the radio? I don't have an answer, I'm hoping someone here may know so I can pass the word..

Thanks in Advance

Mr Dispatcher

That's interesting, as when I was down there in October, the local radio feed there was working then. They didn't start the work on 25L/7R until mid-November, so I don't know if that's related. If anything, I would think they'd couple that with the receiver that is south of 25L/7R.

I'm not down there right now, but if possible, could you swing by the parking area at KVGT and see if that one is still broadcasting on 101.1? When I lived there, it was always on the same frequency as LAS. If you're not familiar, the parking lot is on the corner of Decatur and Lake Mead.

Today also would have been a great day to listen in as well, with ceilings being at 1000ft AGL. :(

BL.

Offline xawastin

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2014, 07:04:39 AM »
Las is still down and wondering if anyone knows reason, or better yet any estimated time of chanel's being back up. Both Approach/Departure and Tower have been down for weeks now.

I know that the new tower is preparing to go in to service and I am hoping the new equipment being installed will still allow public the ability to listen to the ATC broadcasts, unlike the METRO PD system

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2014, 12:21:00 PM »
Las is still down and wondering if anyone knows reason, or better yet any estimated time of chanel's being back up. Both Approach/Departure and Tower have been down for weeks now.

I know that the new tower is preparing to go in to service and I am hoping the new equipment being installed will still allow public the ability to listen to the ATC broadcasts, unlike the METRO PD system

Chil.  It's been down for a week and will be back soon.  Before that it's been up for several years with almost no outages.

Offline tyketto

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2014, 01:38:16 PM »

I have to give a big thanks for the quick response on this one. Not only is the feed back (big thanks to the new provider), but also Ground is covered on both east and west of the 19s, plus Guard is up. This should pretty much cover the entire area, with exception of Helicopter Control. That normally does get combined with tower, so that's okay

But props and big thanks to getting this back up so quickly!

BL.

Offline 777lrf

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2014, 04:36:38 AM »
Can zla be added? I miss all the freq covered at cruise altitudes.

Offline czbb

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2015, 12:15:08 AM »
It's gone again?  Any word?

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2015, 01:29:21 AM »
Hopefully back this weekend.  The feed equipment is being moved to a new location and it takes time and effort.  Stay tuned and it will be back when it's back.

Offline tyketto

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2015, 01:28:06 PM »
Hopefully back this weekend.  The feed equipment is being moved to a new location and it takes time and effort.  Stay tuned and it will be back when it's back.

Thanks for the update, Dave!

Now only if the CCDOA could get their butts moving and finish that 25R/7L reconstruction, so we can enjoy departures and arrivals at the planespotting lot! There's no place except for Signature that you could watch the 1L/R arrivals.. :(

BL.

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2015, 01:52:52 PM »
We're back online with KLAS but the feed system will move once again tomorrow (Saturday) to a more final location.

Offline 777lrf

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2015, 03:38:50 AM »
LAS is an important center for ZLA. Most routings to the east out of socal go through here. Most direct routings and plan changes also occur here at the ZLA. Can you get ZLA coverage just like at KLAX? With the 3 main center frequencies you can at least always hear the controller. The main frequencies I think are 132.30, 124.625 and 124.20
« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 03:40:33 AM by 777lrf »

Offline JetScan1

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2015, 08:57:46 AM »
The main frequencies I think are 132.30, 124.625 and 124.20

The last time I checked reception in the Las Vegas area you could hear the controllers on the following ZLA frequencies ...

132.625 - ZLA34, FL240 and above, overhead (SoCal departures)
127.350 - ZLA36, FL340 and above, south (SoCal arrivals)
134.650 - ZLA06, FL230 and below, southwest
124.850 - ZLA08, FL230 and below, southeast

Other ZLA frequencies in the area but with no controller reception ...

128.075 - ZLA35, FL240 to FL330, south (under ZLA36)
118.025 - ZLA53, FL240 to FL330, western half of ZLA35 when required, rarely used
124.625 - ZLA16, High/Low (surface and above), north (controller reception intermittent?)
124.200 - ZLA07, FL230 and below, northeast
135.550 - ZLA32, FL340 and above, east
135.250 - ZLA33, FL240 to FL330, east

A dedicated ZLA feed in the LAS area would be great (there used to be one). I can donate funds to help out.

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2015, 08:59:43 AM »
We already have this on our list for expansion at KLAS.  It will get done when it gets done.  :-)

Offline 777lrf

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2015, 02:55:14 AM »
The main frequencies I think are 132.30, 124.625 and 124.20

The last time I checked reception in the Las Vegas area you could hear the controllers on the following ZLA frequencies ...

132.625 - ZLA34, FL240 and above, overhead (SoCal departures)
127.350 - ZLA36, FL340 and above, south (SoCal arrivals)
134.650 - ZLA06, FL230 and below, southwest
124.850 - ZLA08, FL230 and below, southeast

Other ZLA frequencies in the area but with no controller reception ...

128.075 - ZLA35, FL240 to FL330, south (under ZLA36)
118.025 - ZLA53, FL240 to FL330, western half of ZLA35 when required, rarely used
124.625 - ZLA16, High/Low (surface and above), north (controller reception intermittent?)
124.200 - ZLA07, FL230 and below, northeast
135.550 - ZLA32, FL340 and above, east
135.250 - ZLA33, FL240 to FL330, east

A dedicated ZLA feed in the LAS area would be great (there used to be one). I can donate funds to help out.

Thanks for the helpful info. I too would like to donate to get ZLA coverage at LAS. I did offer to host the antenna late last year but have not heard back. If in the next month or so I'd like to get ZLA back up at LAS some how. Thanks for this great service!

Offline JetScan1

« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2015, 11:04:15 AM »
Thanks for the helpful info.

A small update. They use multiple transmitter sites with 124.625 and 127.350, so sometimes you can hear the controller 5/5 and other times you can't hear the controller at all on these 2 frequencies (in the Las Vegas area).

If anyone in the area can provide more info. or reception reports on any of these ZLA Las Vegas area frequencies it would be appreciated.

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2015, 11:17:46 AM »

A small update. They use multiple transmitter sites with 124.625 and 127.350, so sometimes you can hear the controller 5/5 and other times you can't hear the controller at all on these 2 frequencies (in the Las Vegas area).

If anyone in the area can provide more info. or reception reports on any of these ZLA Las Vegas area frequencies it would be appreciated.

We have a receiver site but it has limited access right now.  We have a programmable SDR there and will check the frequencies soon.  But there won't be coverage until we add a second dongle, which could take a little time due to the limited access.

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2015, 11:20:36 AM »
Thanks for the helpful info. I too would like to donate to get ZLA coverage at LAS. I did offer to host the antenna late last year but have not heard back. If in the next month or so I'd like to get ZLA back up at LAS some how. Thanks for this great service!

You actually have heard back.  And you acknowledged my email back to you stating that we weren't ready to use your location because it may not be a suitable location.  :-)

Offline JetScan1

« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2015, 11:27:20 AM »
We have a receiver site but it has limited access right now.  We have a programmable SDR there and will check the frequencies soon.  But there won't be coverage until we add a second dongle, which could take a little time due to the limited access.

Thanks for the info. dave, appreciate all the hard work !!

Offline tyketto

« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2015, 01:28:37 PM »

I don't know if those are housed with the transmitter on Mt. Potosi, but everytime I'm there, and even when l lived there, I was never able to hear the low sector coverage of ZLA on 124.62, 124.2, 134.65, nor 124.85. I don't believe they are at Black Mountain, nor housed with the BLD VOR (I'm almost positive it is Mt. Potosi).

I would think that if at Mt. Potosi, that is high enough for handhelds to be able to hear something, but I wasn't able to. Perhaps that has changed.

BL.

Offline tyketto

« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2015, 01:54:01 PM »

Thanks in Advance

Mr Dispatcher

That's interesting, as when I was down there in October, the local radio feed there was working then. They didn't start the work on 25L/7R until mid-November, so I don't know if that's related. If anything, I would think they'd couple that with the receiver that is south of 25L/7R.

I'm not down there right now, but if possible, could you swing by the parking area at KVGT and see if that one is still broadcasting on 101.1? When I lived there, it was always on the same frequency as LAS. If you're not familiar, the parking lot is on the corner of Decatur and Lake Mead.

Today also would have been a great day to listen in as well, with ceilings being at 1000ft AGL. :(

BL.

FYI: I was there for a work-related trip yesterday. 101.1FM definitely is still functioning at the parking area parallel to 25L/7R. The only issue right now is the reconstruction of 25R/7L, which has been going on since October. Phase 1 of it is slated to be finished in May, which they will open it up again. Phase 2 will start again in September/October, and should finish in April/May 2016.

In the meantime, they have been running Configuration 3 there, landing on 1L/1R and 25R, and departing the 1s.

BL.