airtraffic

Author Topic: KSTL Del/Gnd/Twr Broken?  (Read 5220 times)

Offline geoffeg

• PPL
KSTL Del/Gnd/Twr Broken?
« on: June 09, 2014, 03:32:22 PM »
For the last week or more, the KSTL Del/Gnd/Twr feed appears to be tuned to the Cardinal VOR (on the field). It's only playing the VOR's morse code identifier.

I'm not sure this is just a mistuned radio or if there's a larger problem with the system. I live (and fly) in STL and enjoy listening to this feed, I'd be happy to help get it working again!

Geoff
(KC8FDU)

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
Re: KSTL Del/Gnd/Twr Broken?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2014, 03:35:48 PM »
Thanks for the report...we'll get it fixed...probably a bumped button.

Offline jermscentral

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2014, 10:51:22 AM »
Sorry about that (and for the delay!); we had a power flicker at the house, and I didn't realize it stopped on that frequency when the scanner came back on. For whatever reason, I have to manually go in and turn off the different bands when the scanner is powered on so it only scans the STL frequencies, but when my feed notification said it was down and back up, I just assumed it was working. Thanks for the heads up!

Also, if anyone can give me any tips on keeping that from happening (I have a Uniden Bearcat BCT15X), I'm all ears. I know just enough to be dangerous, and power resets are annoying when I have to redo everything.

One more thing - if you hear a problem, hit me up on Twitter @jeremyhoward, as I check that more frequently than the boards here. The scanner is in my basement, so I don't necessarily see the status of it every day.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 10:55:16 AM by jermscentral »

Offline jermscentral

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2014, 06:14:30 AM »
The feed is now working again. I had to lockout the News and Air bands so it would only scan my STL presets.