Author Topic: Landing and departure visualized  (Read 22598 times)

Offline rekno13

Re: Landing and departure visualized
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2009, 02:34:34 PM »
Hey Squeegeeboy. It takes an evening usually, depending on number of flights in a given hour.

I target specific hour of a specific day. And I grab the atc archive for that hour as well, just to have more info.

This way I can try to catch, for example, JFK when they switch patterns to illustrate a different pattern.

(Have not had the will power to go back to new york yet though... too many flights... haha. )

Update: New JFK one. http://imgur.com/ZLLYN.jpg . Landing on 13L and 22L, take off on 13R. I thought I heard a 22R landing while I was at work but I couldn't hear it again on the archive, if someone knows the procedure for this pattern can you tell me if 22R is used at all please?

« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 01:44:20 AM by rekno13 »

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2009, 10:53:25 AM »
This is very cool stuff!

Offline tyketto

« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2009, 02:32:47 PM »
I can do KLAS and KBUF next. What is the most interesting time for those airports?

Like when can I get the right turnout for KLAS?

You should be able to catch it now. Winds are calm, so configuration #1 is in use (25s/19s) as those are the calm wind runways. Since the STAAV4 is only used off of 25R, you should be able to catch it now.

BL.

Offline squeegeeboy

• You like airplanes too?
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2009, 01:20:32 PM »
I see, thanks for clarifying. Breaking it up into 1-hour chunks seems a lot less daunting, haha.

Offline rekno13

« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2009, 02:45:37 PM »
Hey all, been kind of busy lately so have not done anything new. Currently I'm trying to work on KAUS, but their feed is down and I was wondering if there are records online of what runway planes took off from? They are parallel so its kind of hard to figure out which one they used. Or if anyone know the airport really well, maybe they only used one today?

Offline dorishd

« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2009, 03:18:53 PM »
here is what i was refering to from a while ago, shows JFK, LGA, EWR, TEB arrivals and departures

Offline rekno13

« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2009, 09:16:15 PM »
Heh, cool! Thanks for sharing.

I'm traveling right now so won't have as much time to do projects. But when I get back there's a few airports I want to try. They are less busy so I'll have to do a bigger length of time. fun stuff.