airtraffic

Author Topic: LAX using 132.37 for final approach on North side  (Read 3353 times)

Offline Chananya Freedman

LAX using 132.37 for final approach on North side
« on: December 30, 2010, 12:49:30 PM »
I was down at my plane watching spot with my scanner on Monday which is by the North runways 24L & 24R. They were not using 128.50 for final approach. Does anyone know what is going on? When & Why did they change? Are they changing back? Will I need to change the freq in my scanner permanently? Where is the transmitter for this freq located? Any details on this would be appreciated. Thanks so much.

BTW there was a time when they were using 132.37 instead of 124.5 but that has stopped.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 12:51:20 PM by Chananya Freedman »

Offline tyketto

Re: LAX using 132.37 for final approach on North side
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2010, 04:37:27 PM »
I was down at my plane watching spot with my scanner on Monday which is by the North runways 24L & 24R. They were not using 128.50 for final approach. Does anyone know what is going on? When & Why did they change? Are they changing back? Will I need to change the freq in my scanner permanently? Where is the transmitter for this freq located? Any details on this would be appreciated. Thanks so much.

BTW there was a time when they were using 132.37 instead of 124.5 but that has stopped.

Number of things. perhaps a NOTAM that 128.5 was OTS? more times than not, a NOTAM doesn't go out for something like that, especially if someone can't hear the controller on that particular frequency. 2 things you can check now:

1. Go back to that spot that you go to. Either tune to Final and see if they are using it or not, or tune to the ATIS and see if they say anything on it there.

2. Save the trip and call the ATIS, and see if they say anything about it there.

That shoudl give you some idea on what's going on.

BL.

Offline Chananya Freedman

Re: LAX using 132.37 for final approach on North side
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2011, 11:57:18 AM »
OK guys:

here's an update:

128.5 is still not being used. no mention of it on atis. 119.8 normal helicopter freq is not out of service. 126.25 is helicopter and this change is mentioned on atis. any more info anyone can give would be appreciated.