Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 24, 2014, 12:55:41 PM
Home Help Login Register      
News: LiveATC.net Flyers Released!  Please click here to download & print a copy and be sure to post at an airport near you!

+  LiveATC Discussion Forums
|-+  Air Traffic Monitoring
| |-+  Listener Forum (Moderators: dave, RonR)
| | |-+  Listening to Oshkosh 2008
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Listening to Oshkosh 2008  (Read 31731 times)
dave
Site Founder
Administrator

« on: July 25, 2008, 04:15:54 AM »

Oshkosh is only a few days away!  Yes, I do wish I could be there.  I'm sure many of you do, too.

But LiveATC and its growing community have teamed up to at least make you feel like you're there.
Our Oshkosh area feeder has teamed up with our KMSN feeder (who will be at Oshkosh) to provide two feeds for the event.

Listen to the busiest GA tower in the world!
Listen to Runway 18/36
Listen to Runway 9/27
Listen to Fisk Approach

If your music playing software doesn't understand MP3 playlists or streaming audio the links above may not work for you.  If that is the case, please don't write us - just go to the feed listings, scroll down to the Oshkosh listings, and use the Flash or Java-based players on that page.  The Flash-based player should work for everyone.

Airventure info - everything you need to know about the event itself:
http://www.airventure.org/2008/planning/advance.html

To understand the arrival/departure and ATC procedures read the NOTAM:
http://www.airventure.org/2008/flying/2008_notam.pdf

Air Traffic Control procedures in use at Oshkosh (the NOTAM listed above is much more comprehensive):
http://www.airventure.org/atc/

Listen to the busiest GA tower in the world!
Listen to Runway 18/36
Listen to Runway 9/27

Occasionally the feeders may add one other frequency depending on activity and demand (e.g., Fisk Approach) but the level of activity demands single frequencies on each feed.  One or both of the feeders may switch to another frequency to give a sample of the Approach activity.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2008, 08:43:55 AM by dave » Logged
m50

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2008, 05:44:32 AM »

Fine work guys...I can only dream out being there since I am on the other side of the pond !!!! M50
MSN ATC

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2008, 12:49:06 PM »

Friday, July 25: Oshkosh has been IFR all morning so very little of the usual VFR arrival traffic.  SHould be better tomorrow.

Madison, Wisconsin ATC
N737R

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2008, 09:09:14 PM »

Great feed I can't thank you guys enough for this
KSYR-pjr

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2008, 10:13:08 AM »

Listening this morning (Saturday).   Feed sounds great.  Wish I were there...

Regards, Peter
ATC Feed:  Syracuse (KSYR), NY
MSN ATC

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2008, 10:54:57 AM »

The second Oshkosh feed (kosh2) is now scanning both runways for all VFR traffic. The primary feed is scanning Milwaukee approach for IFR traffic, among other things.

Madison, Wisconsin ATC
bkollar

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2008, 06:03:54 PM »

Busiest GA tower in the world?Huh

How about busiest TOWER in the world smiley

From the Milwaukee Sentinal:

"Tiny Wittman airport is the busiest airport in the world on a few of the days of AirVenture, according to FAA statistics. Last year on July 22, the day before the convention officially started, controllers at Wittman handled 2,941 departures and landings, while O’Hare in Chicago had 2,642 and Atlanta’s airport handled 2,887. On the Wednesday of last year’s AirVenture, Oshkosh was again the busiest airport in the world.

Adelman pointed out that Wittman was open only 10 hours on those days, while O’Hare and Atlanta’s Hartsfield-Jackson compiled their numbers of departures and landings in 24-hour periods."

Enquiring Minds

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2008, 03:01:22 AM »

Busiest GA tower in the world?Huh

How about busiest TOWER in the world smiley

From the Milwaukee Sentinal:

"Tiny Wittman airport is the busiest airport in the world on a few of the days of AirVenture, according to FAA statistics. Last year on July 22, the day before the convention officially started, controllers at Wittman handled 2,941 departures and landings, while O’Hare in Chicago had 2,642 and Atlanta’s airport handled 2,887. On the Wednesday of last year’s AirVenture, Oshkosh was again the busiest airport in the world.

Adelman pointed out that Wittman was open only 10 hours on those days, while O’Hare and Atlanta’s Hartsfield-Jackson compiled their numbers of departures and landings in 24-hour periods."

bkoller hit the nail on the head. Nice job bkoller!

The busiest GA in the world is (drumroll please...) KVNY. Source: TV program "One Six Right"

jsmith725

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2008, 11:26:56 AM »

The second Oshkosh feed (kosh2) is now scanning both runways for all VFR traffic. The primary feed is scanning Milwaukee approach for IFR traffic, among other things.

I actually liked it better with 9/27 tower freq on one feed, and 18/36 on the other!
MSN ATC

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2008, 01:27:38 PM »

I actually liked it better with 9/27 tower freq on one feed, and 18/36 on the other!

May go back to that format soon, depending on traffic.

Madison, Wisconsin ATC
dave
Site Founder
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2008, 02:26:15 PM »

The other (kosh) location does not pick up the tower controllers, unfortunately.  So the split format was not working out well.  The other location is not nearly as close as the kosh2 feed.  For now the other feed is on Fisk Approach, but not hearing the controllers there, either.  Does anyone know where the Fisk Approach transmitter is?  Is it on the field at Oshkosh?

Dave
dave
Site Founder
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2008, 02:29:18 PM »

Kind of puzzling, since the kosh feed is only 2 miles from the field.
MSN ATC

« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2008, 05:22:22 PM »

Does anyone know where the Fisk Approach transmitter is?  Is it on the field at Oshkosh?

Fisk is here:  http://www.airventure.org/atc/vfr_approach_control.html

Madison, Wisconsin ATC
Jouncer

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2008, 08:51:28 AM »

I would love to see a webcam of a Oshkosh fly-in.  Does anyone know if this exist? grin
Hollis

« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2008, 10:37:45 AM »

Just Google 'Oshkosh webcams'
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length