Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 18, 2014, 11:43:07 AM
Home Help Login Register      
News: NEW Follow LiveATC updates on Twitter and Facebook

+  LiveATC Discussion Forums
|-+  Air Traffic Monitoring
| |-+  Listener Forum (Moderators: dave, RonR)
| | |-+  LiveATC iPhone App Now Available
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: LiveATC iPhone App Now Available  (Read 64383 times)
Saabeba

« Reply #105 on: February 07, 2010, 03:58:32 PM »

Hi Dave,

I listen to the app while driving.  Can you provide options so that the app opens into the stream that you left it at last? I  usually listen to KJKF tower, and it now requires three touches to get to listeneing (going through my favorites) versus going in with one touch when opening the app.  It makes a difference when driving.

Awesome job on the stability of the channels while listening.

Thanks.
dave
Site Founder
Administrator

« Reply #106 on: February 07, 2010, 04:18:53 PM »

Will certainly add it to the enhancement list.  Another option is to simply start listening before you start driving.  Even safer.  smiley

Hi Dave,

I listen to the app while driving.  Can you provide options so that the app opens into the stream that you left it at last? I  usually listen to KJKF tower, and it now requires three touches to get to listeneing (going through my favorites) versus going in with one touch when opening the app.  It makes a difference when driving.

Awesome job on the stability of the channels while listening.

Thanks.
Saabeba

« Reply #107 on: February 07, 2010, 04:25:57 PM »

cheesy

The phone calls interrupt and I will listen to news before turning on the app.  I appreciate it.  Only thing I can think of to make it easier to use.  Thanks for the airport maps and the top 50 feeds.

Will certainly add it to the enhancement list.  Another option is to simply start listening before you start driving.  Even safer.  smiley

WEStJet91DL

« Reply #108 on: February 18, 2010, 10:13:48 PM »

is there some way you could get it to keep playing while navigating different parts of the iTouch/iPhone? like how the standard ipod app does? just an idea..  grin

I don't know of any audio player besides the iPod player that is allowed to do that.  You have to be as cool as Apple (and own the platform) to be able to do that.  smiley

Version 1.1 (in final testing) of LiveATC Air Radio keeps the stream playing when you navigate around the app looking for another feed to tune in. 
I guess you guys ARE as cool as Apple.  cool wink
shortboarder

« Reply #109 on: March 03, 2010, 05:22:14 PM »

A humble request for future versions: recording. 

Extra credit: keep a 15-30 second cache of the current audio feed in memory, and have a "flash" record feature that saves the cached audio to a file.

I regularly hear exchanges that I wish I could archive (and ultimately post here), but I'm never recording continuously, and I'm usually listening via the iPhone rather than my desktop.

Thanks for all the great work - it's a rock solid app!
shortboarder

« Reply #110 on: March 03, 2010, 05:55:14 PM »

Are there archives other than the select recordings in the forums?

The feeders don't have any legal right over the use of the material that they are plucking out of the air. I can easily record feeds on my computer 24/7 if I really wanted to. (Linking to feeds or providing feeds without crediting and/or having LiveATC's permission is another matter altogether)

Check out the iPhone app Scanner911 - you can record feeds from hundreds of sources.
shortboarder

« Reply #111 on: March 03, 2010, 06:05:16 PM »

Found the archives - learned something new today. Very cool...
toeknee25

« Reply #112 on: March 04, 2010, 11:45:13 PM »

Don't know if its possible but it would be great if you could the quick scroll feature in the USA and Countries list. It's similar to what the contacts app has to quickly get to say T instead of having to flick the screen forever Cheesy

@t0eknee on twitter

ATC Feed: KSAT
Gerardius

« Reply #113 on: March 12, 2010, 10:34:31 AM »

Great, thanks, I got it a few minutes ago... but I can't find airports from Spain. Why?
jettechfsr

« Reply #114 on: February 18, 2011, 03:26:49 PM »

Love the IPhone App would love one for the Galaxy Tab Android Smiley
scangwinnett

« Reply #115 on: February 28, 2011, 06:29:13 PM »

Besides being able to listen using your phone's built-in player, you can also listen using the Scanner Radio app by adding a links to your favorite LiveATC feeds in the Custom Scanners section (click on Browse, then on Custom Scanners, and then select Add from the menu).

-- Gordon (creator of the Android Scanner Radio app)
dave
Site Founder
Administrator

« Reply #116 on: February 28, 2011, 06:33:25 PM »

The LiveATC app for Android will be entering a private beta soon.  It should be launched some time in the next 30 days or so.
Phlux

« Reply #117 on: March 01, 2011, 07:57:19 AM »

Hi Dave,

Sorry to be a broken record, but is the Blackberry app anywhere close to beta?  I know the BB platform is a pain, so if it isn't on the horizon it's no biggie.  The mobile site is working fine for me.  Just curious.... grin

Charlotte Ground - "Cactus 1441, hold short of mike and give way to the RJ..."

US Airways 1441 - "We have priority here, this same thing happened last time..."

Charlotte Ground - "You have priority when I give it to you, now hold short Cactus 1441..
dave
Site Founder
Administrator

« Reply #118 on: March 01, 2011, 08:04:03 AM »

Hi Dave,

Sorry to be a broken record, but is the Blackberry app anywhere close to beta?  I know the BB platform is a pain, so if it isn't on the horizon it's no biggie.  The mobile site is working fine for me.  Just curious.... grin

Summer timeframe.  Android is first.  And yes, the platform is a bit of a pain.  smiley
Phlux

« Reply #119 on: March 01, 2011, 05:16:27 PM »

Roger that.  Thanks for the update.

Charlotte Ground - "Cactus 1441, hold short of mike and give way to the RJ..."

US Airways 1441 - "We have priority here, this same thing happened last time..."

Charlotte Ground - "You have priority when I give it to you, now hold short Cactus 1441..
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length