Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 30, 2014, 05:17:22 PM
Home Help Login Register      
News: NEW Follow LiveATC updates on Twitter and Facebook

+  LiveATC Discussion Forums
|-+  Air Traffic Monitoring
| |-+  Listener Forum (Moderators: dave, RonR)
| | |-+  LiveATC Mobile Site (Beta)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: LiveATC Mobile Site (Beta)  (Read 32131 times)
Phlux

« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2010, 09:41:40 AM »

That is strange Cuban.  My BB is running 5.0 and the streams are working well.  I think my old phone was running a late 4.5 or 4.6 and I couldn't get it to do anything with the feeds.  I swear I think alot of our problems are carrier related as well.  Not only is the BB lineup in a constant state of ....um...phlux  wink, but carriers are too.  Acquiring towers here, losing them there, enabling GPS, disabling it, intermittent streaming, etc.  It's just a guess, but it seems logical.

And ditto on the offer to beta test.

Charlotte Ground - "Cactus 1441, hold short of mike and give way to the RJ..."

US Airways 1441 - "We have priority here, this same thing happened last time..."

Charlotte Ground - "You have priority when I give it to you, now hold short Cactus 1441..
Bertie

« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2010, 07:03:50 PM »

Well this is extremely well timed - just got a new phone 10 days ago with free data! Can confirm that it works on the Nokia X6 which runs Symbian S60 version 5. Note that you do have to give it a minute to buffer but after that it's fine, around 90 seconds behind the standard online feed.

Thanks for sorting this out!
bleyton

« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2010, 12:37:09 PM »

The Mobile site works great on my 1st generation iphone.  I've already set up bookmarks for my 2 feeds in Safari. 

Great job Dave!

Brian
Your KBUR and KLAX feeder

Brian
Your KBUR and KLAX Feeder
http://www.tarpytailors.com
dutchmil

« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2010, 07:03:59 PM »

Hi Dave,

Works great on my Ipad aswell.

Back home again, will try to setup the EHAM feed in the next few days again ....

René.
Live ATC feed from the Netherlands
http://www.dutchmil.nl/liveatc
Phlux

« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2010, 11:04:07 AM »

A quick word of caution to those using the Storm2 on Verizon.  I upgraded my OS last night because I was sick of getting notifications that one was available.  I went up from .320 to .607 and now I can't seem to stream LiveATC mobile, or your muze.  The stream loads, begins to buffer, then gives me an error loading media.

If anyone is running .607 and is able to stream from LiveATC please let me know.

Thanks

US Airways 1441 - "We have priority here, this same thing happened last time..."

Charlotte Ground - "You have priority when I give it to you, now hold short Cactus 1441..
gdr1982

« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2010, 08:44:56 AM »

A quick word of caution to those using the Storm2 on Verizon.  I upgraded my OS last night because I was sick of getting notifications that one was available.  I went up from .320 to .607 and now I can't seem to stream LiveATC mobile, or your muze.  The stream loads, begins to buffer, then gives me an error loading media.

If anyone is running .607 and is able to stream from LiveATC please let me know.

Thanks

I too upgraded to .607 and cannot access any feeds. I get the same playback error, I need a fix!
azreark1

« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2010, 09:29:50 AM »

Eh, using m.liveatc on my droid phone and it will play and then just magically quit playing, at first I thought it was just buffering but after sitting here for 30mins I figured there was something wrong. I use YourMuze to listen as well but it just kills my battery because I can't lock the screen. So is there a setting or something that I am missing on here to keep it streaming or is it. A common thing...

I am running the latest version on my droid.
Phlux

« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2010, 10:17:52 AM »

I too upgraded to .607 and cannot access any feeds. I get the same playback error, I need a fix!

I'm sorry this is happening to you too, but I am glad I'm not the only one.  Bugs with this OS are so random with each user.  Some are having tons of problems and hate it, while others (like me) only have one or two issues and like it.

I hope the liveATC BB app is on final approach cheesy (just kidding Dave, well only a little wink)

Chananya Freedman

« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2010, 12:36:27 PM »

checked it out from an iphone and LAX audio was great!

73's KI6YIL
Chananya Freedman
A new HAM
dave
Site Founder
Administrator

« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2010, 12:46:54 PM »

I'm sorry this is happening to you too, but I am glad I'm not the only one.  Bugs with this OS are so random with each user.  Some are having tons of problems and hate it, while others (like me) only have one or two issues and like it.

I hope the liveATC BB app is on final approach cheesy (just kidding Dave, well only a little wink)

Contact RIM and tell them to stop breaking MP3 stream playing in their player.  smiley

App is still under development, you guys will be some of the first to know.

Dave

evilcuban

« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2010, 03:40:56 PM »

Fellow BB users-

When menu screen pops up that gives you the options to open, cancel, or save, you'll see your browser bar say "requesting" and subsequently "loading".  Let the browser bar load until nearly loading, and this seems to alleviate the issue.  It can take 2-3 minutes and it's a bit annoying, but I've had good success with a stable stream that way.  It's as though the new OS doesn't provide sufficient time or capability to buffer the stream.  This is an issue with RIM and the phone, not LiveATC.
Phlux

« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2010, 04:09:15 PM »

Works like a champ! Thank you so much for this info!

Cap747
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2010, 04:50:10 PM »

grin grin grin

It really worked fine on my Nokia 5800 Music express !!!! Keep it going !

[EDIT]  I really don't know if this is about my mobile Internet connection, or whether it's my provider, but when the feed is loading as an MP3 file connection is lost when the download is near 3.90 mb.... So every 3 1/2 minutes I have to load the feed again... Still it's great to listen to it  grin
« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 04:20:21 PM by Cap747 » Logged
captkorndog

« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2010, 01:50:22 PM »

Eh, using m.liveatc on my droid phone and it will play and then just magically quit playing, at first I thought it was just buffering but after sitting here for 30mins I figured there was something wrong. I use YourMuze to listen as well but it just kills my battery because I can't lock the screen. So is there a setting or something that I am missing on here to keep it streaming or is it. A common thing...

I am running the latest version on my droid.

Exact same situation for me.  Will stop playing after about 5 min; other streaming radio stations seem just fine.
dave
Site Founder
Administrator

« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2010, 11:13:37 PM »

Most of these problems trace back to either:

1) The actual player/browser used on the device to play streams.
2) The carrier, especially if a proxy server is involved.
3) Coverage issues - losing signal, poor signal, etc.

Many of the browsers/players will not attempt to auto-reconnect in the face of coverage issues.  This is something we've spent a lot of time on in the iPhone app and will also be a feature of the upcoming Android and Blackberry apps.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length