airtraffic

Author Topic: Thank you KBFI!!!!  (Read 4558 times)

Offline gfw123

Thank you KBFI!!!!
« on: March 13, 2009, 03:57:34 PM »
I can't seem to find who provided the new KBFI feed but thank you!

I have been waiting forever for one. I work on the water North of BFI about where folks join the localizer for 13R. I always lose them when the get handed off from the KSEA (arrival) feed. I have a scanner but it is stuck in my office around a lot of metal and only picks up the biggest signals.

Anyway, thanks again to whoever did it!!!

Right now there are a couple bald eagles over the approach end of the runway. :-)
--greg.

PS, Any chance at getting ground on there or the parts Seattle center that they need to talk to to get in and our of KBFI?

Offline sflyer

Re: Thank you KBFI!!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2009, 11:29:59 PM »
Glad you are enjoying the KBFI feed that I am providing.  It's good listening, and surprisingly popular!

I'm not able to pick up most aircraft on the ground from my location, so adding the ground frequency doesn't help much.  I do pick up most of the ground controller transmissions to aircraft on the ground because most of the time the single controller transmits simultaneously on all frequencies.

I did try to add approach and departure control, but it doesn't work too well.  Those frequencies serve SeaTac as well, so most of the conversation is dominated by SeaTac traffic.  Also, much of that traffic is pretty far from the airport and difficult to receive.

I'm thinking about adding a better antenna to see if I can pull in more.  Keep listening!

Steve
PS.  Based on your location, I'd bet you could pull in some interesting frequencies such as the Lake Union traffic, the Kenmore Air Dispatch, Flight Watch, and Seattle Radio.  Perhaps you could be a feeder too!