airtraffic

Author Topic: long-time air traveler - new to ATC.net  (Read 4610 times)

Offline a cle

long-time air traveler - new to ATC.net
« on: November 21, 2011, 03:56:01 PM »
Can anyone give me a couple of hints as to how to choose which frequencies to listen to?

For example, ORD has multiple frequencies; if I want to listen to the one that will give me the most info about departures (as I await my flight) how do I know which to choose?

Also, I listen to CLE a lot; there is quite a bit of background noise (from other frequencies, farther away stations?) similar to what I get on marine frequencies when I do not have the squelch gain up high enough.  Is this normal?

thanks

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
Re: long-time air traveler - new to ATC.net
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2011, 05:00:20 PM »
Can anyone give me a couple of hints as to how to choose which frequencies to listen to?

For example, ORD has multiple frequencies; if I want to listen to the one that will give me the most info about departures (as I await my flight) how do I know which to choose?

Also, I listen to CLE a lot; there is quite a bit of background noise (from other frequencies, farther away stations?) similar to what I get on marine frequencies when I do not have the squelch gain up high enough.  Is this normal?

For KORD the best feeds for departure traffic are the feeds with "Dep" or "Departure" in the name. 

CLE is just in a bad location...nothing that can be done about that feed.  We are working on better coverage for CLE.

Offline a cle

Re: long-time air traveler - new to ATC.net
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2011, 10:11:44 AM »
Thanks, Dave;  appreciate the info