airtraffic

Author Topic: Malaysia Airlines Flight 370  (Read 12451 times)

Offline avalon

Malaysia Airlines Flight 370
« on: March 09, 2014, 05:37:31 PM »
I have to assume that investigators have listened to any and all ATC transmissions which occurred at about the same time which communications were lost with MH370.  I bring this up because as many of you may recall when TWA 800  was lost, there were some pireps which witnessed the moment of the explosion or shortly thereafter.  Assuming for a moment that there was an explosion involved, if traffic nearby didn't witness any anomalies (would it be due to the time of day (less traffic)?

Offline joeyb747

• Nothing Like A 747!
Re: Malaysia Airlines Flight 370
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2014, 05:46:37 PM »
I'm sure that will all be discussed in the next few days.

TWA 800 crashed during the evening "rush hour" just off the coast of Long Island, in view of those on land as well as those in the air, a large fireball with trailing debris down to the water. Wreckage spread over a large area of ocean floor. I think this situation is a bit different... When Air France 447 went down, there was no explosion or fireball, it is believed the aircraft hit the water intact...

Much more info here:

http://www.liveatc.net/forums/aviation-incidents/malaysia-airlines-reports-atc-loses-contact-with-mas370-wmkk-zbaa/

Offline avalon

Re: Malaysia Airlines Flight 370
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2014, 05:58:59 PM »
Thanks for the link.  For the life of me I couldn't figure out why there wasn't any discussion about MH370 and now I know why.  (I didn't read the other forum categories)