airtraffic

Author Topic: Manchester Airport UK Feed?  (Read 48563 times)

Offline xtradj

Manchester Airport UK Feed?
« on: July 27, 2006, 08:25:47 PM »
is there a manchester airport live feed from the uk?

so far can only find Dublin, Ireland as the nearest feed to me

Heathrow UK, or any UK live feeds anywhere?

also new to this... how many mins delay are most of the feeds? listening to NY approach .. facinating!!

Offline PHL Approach

Re: Manchester Airport UK Feed?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2006, 08:37:18 PM »
also new to this... how many mins delay are most of the feeds? listening to NY approach .. facinating!!

Welcome to the forums! The delay is generally between 5 to 15 seconds. I've found the average to be about 7 seconds.

BTW, It is illegal to broadcast in the UK unfortunately. You can find many threads on the subject.

Offline xtradj

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2006, 08:48:02 PM »
so does this mean if im in the uk i can't listen to air traffic control? or is it uk atc is not allowed to be broadcast? shame that

but Dublin, Ireland is ok right?

Offline PHL Approach

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2006, 09:10:40 PM »
so does this mean if im in the uk i can't listen to air traffic control? or is it uk atc is not allowed to be broadcast? shame that

but Dublin, Ireland is ok right?

You can listen in England. Just not broadcast the ATC transmissions. I haven't seen any rules about Ireland. That's why Im sure we still have feeds.

Offline michaeljohndennis

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2007, 06:34:59 PM »
I live in Manchester UK & I have had the same problems - does it apply to live Radar feeds too???

Offline sunburn

• flickr.
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2007, 06:42:29 PM »
I live in Manchester UK & I have had the same problems - does it apply to live Radar feeds too???

yes. the law applies to both ATC and radar. you may notice how there are no live radar feeds for the UK around.
it's illegal to listen/stream to any radio frequency of which you don't have permission for, but authorities tend to turn a blind eye towards it. they only take action if it's being streamed/broadcasted.

it's just an old wartime law that hasn't been updated.
search the forum for more info.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2007, 06:45:47 PM by sunburn »

Offline michaeljohndennis

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2007, 08:52:19 PM »
it would appear that 9/11 & 7/7 give yet another excuse for holding onto these stupid laws against having public access to ATC Voice & radar content in the UK - as I have said before it is strange that most of the USA have full & free access because of the 5th amendement, even this side of 9/11, which makes the paranoia of the UK government totally illogical - this is just one of a long line of excuses that they have used going back to not just the 1940's and the threat from Nazi Germany, but they used the Cold War with Russia as an excuse also, making up some rubbish about the Official Secrets Act & the UK's "special relationship" with America...as if the Americans would ask the UK to keep this stupid law..!!! re some people asking us to lobby MP's, this would never happen under Tony Blair's Nanny State, in a totally arrogant fashion, they can even track down & arrest people for having the courage (they would say "gall" "cheek" or "temerity") for daring to express thier views against them, even over the Internet even if the IP Adress was not in the UK but I dont care...MP's not only are not interested in this but they will go after anyone who dares to question their athority, but will also do anything about real issues while crucifying us, while refusing to explain why they have this silly law   

Offline tyketto

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2007, 09:33:45 PM »
it would appear that 9/11 & 7/7 give yet another excuse for holding onto these stupid laws against having public access to ATC Voice & radar content in the UK - as I have said before it is strange that most of the USA have full & free access because of the 5th amendement, even this side of 9/11, which makes the paranoia of the UK government totally illogical - this is just one of a long line of excuses that they have used going back to not just the 1940's and the threat from Nazi Germany, but they used the Cold War with Russia as an excuse also, making up some rubbish about the Official Secrets Act & the UK's "special relationship" with America...as if the Americans would ask the UK to keep this stupid law..!!! re some people asking us to lobby MP's, this would never happen under Tony Blair's Nanny State, in a totally arrogant fashion, they can even track down & arrest people for having the courage (they would say "gall" "cheek" or "temerity") for daring to express thier views against them, even over the Internet even if the IP Adress was not in the UK but I dont care...MP's not only are not interested in this but they will go after anyone who dares to question their athority, but will also do anything about real issues while crucifying us, while refusing to explain why they have this silly law   

Umm.. no.

It was not 9/11 nor 7/7 that caused this. Google for "Wireless TelegraphyAct of 1949. Yes, 1949. This was something put into effect during/After World War II. It is still on the books and illegal to retransmit Air traffic communications. In fact, here's layman's explanation of it:

http://www.ofcom.org.uk/static/archive/ra/publication/ra_info/ra169.htm

If you're wanting an explanation, request that from OFCOM or your member of Parliament. The UK did establish the Freedom of Information Act of 2000, granting you the right to know this. But it isn't from anything conspiratorial from terrorism.

Also, the whole thing about asking about UK feeds is definitely now a FAQ. We need a thread explaining this in the FAQ forum.. PLEASE...  :roll:

BL.

Offline sunburn

• flickr.
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2007, 10:05:42 PM »
^^this. why not make a sticky thread in biggg letters "Looking for UK ATC streams? Don't bother."

and in defence of michaeljohndennis, he's just saying that 9/11 or 7/7 may just be another excuse for not legalising public access to UK ATC, not the soul reason why the Wireless TelegraphyAct is in place.

Offline Jonakwan

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2022, 03:02:40 PM »
Hello all,

There is now two feeds based in the Manchester area which is very close to the Manchester Airport (MAN, EGCC).

https://www.globaltuners.com/receiver/2205-South-Manchester

https://www.globaltuners.com/receiver/2004-North-East-Manchester

Thanks.

Offline MIAMIATC

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2022, 10:19:56 AM »
Remotehams also has a slew of UK ATC Radios