Author Topic: Mil censorship?  (Read 4626 times)

Offline anonrobot

Mil censorship?
« on: November 30, 2015, 06:29:40 AM »
I have been wondering for ages how fast the fighter jets are going each time they pass (I live on the edge of a controlled airspace, so they're required to broadcast that each time they enter)...

For many months now, every time after they pass, I've been dissapointed that the recording has been "down" for that time.

Today, I managed to tune in "live" just after they passed - I didn't get the jets broadcast, but I did get the tower "banter" on-air afterwards, discussing what I'd just missed, which seemed to be something really interesting about the tower controller having to somehow fit them in to something.

So I tried to download the recording (they passed by at about 4:59, so I only had to wait one minute to get the recording.) 

It did not come down.  so I waited more.  Still nothing.  I tried many times.  I then tried the half-hour earlier: no problem.  By this time, more than half an hour had passed, so I tried the later one.  No problem again.

Now I know why I can never hear anything these guys say to the tower!  Every time they go by, LiveATC is erasing the recordings!

Now, lucky me, I've got my own scanner, and I was going to hook it up to LiveATC (amusingly, I bought the USB stuff needed for that after I (wrongly it turns out) assumed that the local recording uplinks were "down" every time I wanted to listen.).

So - now that I know this is a pointless waste of time because they'll no doubt keep censoring these recordings - does anyone else know of a better site to upload live feeds to instead, that have fully working ability to listen to historical recordings?

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
Re: Mil censorship?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2015, 06:37:01 AM »
There are no recordings here that are erased or edited.  What feed are you even talking about?  Your post is lacking details - and you should really be more careful before posting false accusations.

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2015, 06:39:50 AM »
The most likely cause in cases like this is that the feed is on a poor network connection. When that is the case then two things happen: the live feed will be up and down due to disconnects...and the archives will be all chopped up because the network connection was poor.

Offline Bstyer

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2015, 02:07:06 PM »
Somehow conspiracy theories are more attractive than the facts. 
Assumptions in the void of facts are too frequent on these forums.
But this is just a wild speculation. :roll: