Author Topic: Montreal quality  (Read 7401 times)

Offline spallanzani

Montreal quality
« on: May 13, 2005, 07:30:29 AM »
Hi,
I wanted to know if it would be possible to ask the Montreal's scanner owner to see if it would be possible to increase a little bit the quality of transmission... because sometimes it's very bad or we don't hear anything. I am doing a comparison with Toronto, where all communications are really clear.

Thanks a lot

Jonathan

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
Re: Montreal quality
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2005, 10:34:45 AM »
Quote from: spallanzani
Hi,
I wanted to know if it would be possible to ask the Montreal's scanner owner to see if it would be possible to increase a little bit the quality of transmission... because sometimes it's very bad or we don't hear anything. I am doing a comparison with Toronto, where all communications are really clear.

Thanks a lot

Jonathan

The owner is out of the country for a while so no real changes can be made to the setup, except for audio levels, which were improved recently.

Toronto just happens to be at an incredible receive site (high above the city) which is part of the reason reception is so great.

-dave

Offline spallanzani

Montreal quality
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2005, 05:07:33 PM »
Thanks Dave for the answer. Anyway maybe it could be possible to ask the guy when able if it's possible to change the place he's putting his receiver..

Thanks again