Author Topic: New CZUL Montreal feed (with Levis sector 123,92)  (Read 4768 times)

Offline Jonathank

New CZUL Montreal feed (with Levis sector 123,92)
« on: August 09, 2015, 11:57:00 AM »
Hello. I am listening to the new multi frequency channel. Can someone validate the Levis sector frequency 123,92 is occasionally cross-coupled with my Timmins based high-level Noranda sector? I recognize some controllers' voices that work the North-West sub-unit. If so, this will make it interesting to figure out when these sectors split and re-combine. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline JetScan1

Re: New CZUL Montreal feed (with Levis sector 123,92)
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2015, 02:21:59 PM »
Jonathank,

Can someone validate the Levis sector frequency 123,92 is occasionally cross-coupled with my Timmins based high-level Noranda sector?

During the day Levis/123.925 is cross-coupled with Drummond/133.225. In the overnight hours Levis/Drummond are further combined and cross-coupled with Pontiac/127.875 and Aylmer/134.400.

In over 20 years I've never heard these 4 southern sectors (South Sub-Unit) combined with the northern sectors covered on your radio. By monitoring both LiveATC feeds it would be very easy to tell if they ever combined them.

The only controller's you should be hearing on this new Montreal Center radio should be transmitting on 135.60 and 134.40.

Thanks for the new Montreal Center feed dave !!
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 11:40:33 AM by JetScan1 »

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2015, 08:50:30 AM »
No problem...thanks for the continued vigilance and suggestions.

Offline Jonathank

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2015, 01:03:38 PM »
You're right. I had seen Montreal Centre pictures on NavCanada's news stories, where a female controller had a hotline box, and thought she had 123,92 selected with the Timmins/Moose/Rouyng  high level sectors. I was wrong lol.

Cant imagine if anyone near LaGrande or Chibougamau Quebec have scanners to add to the northern and eastern most Quebec sectors someday.

Nonetheless, great feed. I appreciate hearing flights in the handoff to/from the Pontiac sector on 127,87.

Have a good day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline JetScan1

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2015, 03:32:11 PM »
Cant imagine if anyone near LaGrande or Chibougamau Quebec have scanners to add to the northern and eastern most Quebec sectors someday.

Not sure about LaGrande or Chibougamau but some of the ones further north must be connected by satellite relay ? I'm no expert on satellite reception so not sure how feasible it would be to tap into these ? There used to be a LiveATC radio in Australia that was monitoring ATC via satellite feed, so it seems to be possible. Anyone ?

A radio in Iqaluit would be nice too. You can get the northern Montreal high/low sectors and Edmonton high as well.

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2015, 03:46:41 PM »
I am aware of the transmitters in Iqaluit but internet service there is not good at all so I doubt a reliable feed would be feasible.  But you never know.  ;-)