airtraffic

Author Topic: new tower simulator  (Read 60408 times)

Offline fulanito

new tower simulator
« on: April 08, 2008, 10:31:31 AM »
Hi, this is my first post here, and I don't know if it is alright to post a link, but feelthere has developed a new tower simulator, which hopefully will be released in a few days:) Just wanted to inform all of you atc enthusiasts, but maybe you already knew this. Anyways, this is a great site

Alex

Offline KPryor

Re: new tower simulator
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2008, 02:28:27 PM »
It looks interesting...and expensive. ;)

Offline cactushp

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2008, 03:03:41 PM »
$70 does seem kinda expensive. Maybe someday i'll get it (once the price goes down).

Offline fulanito

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2008, 03:21:17 PM »
Since there is a big lack of good tower simulators, I won't mind spending that amount of money on it, even though it might hurt a little bit in my wallet...too bad though they didn't consider kjfk, still a mystery to me, but overall, the product looks incredible..nice to replace bao tower to a more updated simulator.. :-P
And if you look at atc simulator 2, you will see that their price is pretty high too :-)
I hope it will be released soon though, since ive been waiting for this for a long time, and my patience is almost gone.

Offline cactushp

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2008, 04:51:13 PM »
Well it seems like they got KORD and KSNA for the US airports...maybe they will add more later.

Offline PHL Approach

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2008, 08:14:11 PM »
Less then impressed. They had a small banner on their site for quite some time - never released any info. The scenery/aircraft look pretty good. But for me it has to have a perfect phraseology/ operational base to be any good. Plus they really did pull those airports out their @ss. Other than ORD then rest are ehhh for lack of a better word dull.

I still wan't a perfect radar simulator - Enroute or Terminal. The reason why these companies charge so much is because they know people will pay however much for an ATC product since it's relatively an untouched market. A friend and myself were working on a payware TRACON - STARS/ACD simulator. There is a lot done and it's all very good code not buggy. Just needed enough people that code and have a great understanding of Radar systems to help finish the product. I could could list out a lot of the things you would have been able to do. But I don't want some other company taking our ideas now do I... just in case we do ever get it out the door along with the Enroute DSR simulator.

Offline NY Z Pilot

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2008, 11:09:50 PM »
ill have to buy this...even if it blows.

Offline jamall02864

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2008, 10:52:16 PM »
does any one have a link?  or did i miss it?

Offline fulanito

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2008, 03:49:06 AM »
http://www.towersimulator.com/ it looks quite promising actually

Offline Casper87

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2008, 01:49:33 PM »
If they can pull it off it should be alright. But the choice of airports is debatable.

Offline fulanito

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2008, 06:55:28 AM »
RELEASED :-D

Offline NY Z Pilot

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2008, 06:48:36 PM »
downloaded it...gonna try it out when i get home from work tonight.

Offline cactushp

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2008, 06:56:31 PM »
Please let us know how it is, NY Z Pilot :)

Offline NY Z Pilot

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2008, 08:44:39 AM »
so far not happy... graphics arent that great, still gotta f*** with it.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2008, 10:41:34 AM by dave »

Offline SweedChef

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2008, 06:13:31 PM »
Can you at least use Taxiway instructions and hold shorts?

Offline NY Z Pilot

« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2008, 07:31:40 PM »
yah, but its just not realistic... i dont know if its cause i do it in real life and it just doesnt compare or what. I guess you could have fun with it. I thought the sims in OKC were bad haha.

Offline SweedChef

« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2008, 08:56:51 PM »
Ok, then that begs the question, simulator, or game?

Offline NY Z Pilot

« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2008, 10:12:07 PM »
game. If i was to compare it to flight sim lets say... i would say flight sim is a HELL of alot more realistic to real flying  than this game is to ATC. Just my opinion tho I dont want to start a big deal about it, just my opinion.

Offline SweedChef

« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2008, 07:23:31 AM »
No....thanks for the input NY, you won't find many good reviews on this 'game'.

May still get it to try, but wait for a sale or something.

Would love to have a somewhat realistic tower simulator. Complete with "give way" commands. I seem to remember ATC Simulator talking about it....even if it didn't have graphics at the start....either that or intergrade it with Flight Sim.

I still play the ol' "Tower" game. Close as we got at this point. Classic!

We're a patient lot, we'll get something good  (and cheap) someday I'm sure.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2008, 07:25:20 AM by SweedChef »

Offline fulanito

« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2008, 02:36:29 PM »
Sweed Chef, at this point I find the old BAO tower being way better than the new sim in regards to realistic aircraft behaviour, something that the new sim lacks big time. however, there is a bigger variety in commands in the new sim, and more airlines, but still, bao tower is better even though it's quite outdated.

Offline tyketto

« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2008, 03:10:17 PM »
Sweed Chef, at this point I find the old BAO tower being way better than the new sim in regards to realistic aircraft behaviour, something that the new sim lacks big time. however, there is a bigger variety in commands in the new sim, and more airlines, but still, bao tower is better even though it's quite outdated.

Does this still work in XP? I haven't played that game in AGES! I'd love to try it again with what I know now compared to what I knew when I last played it some 7 years ago. Anybody know where to grab it?

BL.

Offline fulanito

« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2008, 03:44:10 PM »
it works in XP but there are some things you have to do to make it compatible, but you can google it and search for the instructions.

Offline Casper87

« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2008, 11:21:03 AM »
Whats the phraseology like? Theyve got airports from the US and Europe. I take it they havnt got US phraseoloy for the US airports and ICAO for European ones?
Anybody got anything positive to say about it?

Offline russellbdavis

« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2008, 06:43:19 PM »
There is a 'newer' tower simulator that just came to north America on Nov. 19, 2008. It's called 'I am an Air Traffic Controller 3 - Tokyo Big Wing'. This tower simulator is completely different from the feelThere product and really delivers a great ATC experience. To find out more visit www.atc3support.com

It's on sale right now for Christmas.

Offline fulanito

« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2008, 08:27:17 AM »
Thanks for the info Mr Davis. I discovered the product last week, but there was one thing that was quite unclear to me - the impression I got is that the user works all the positions simultaneously, which leads me to the question, is it possible to be responsible for only ONE position at a time, also?

Other than that, judging by the screenshots and videos posted on youtube, this simulator looks really promising!

Alex