airtraffic

Author Topic: Okinawa feed going down temporarily  (Read 15253 times)

Offline Cetacea

Okinawa feed going down temporarily
« on: January 09, 2005, 02:10:33 AM »
I'm sorry for the inconvienience, but I will be moving into a new house and must take the feed down.  It will be down starting the 10th of Jan for approx 1 week until I get settled into my new place.

Offline Epp

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2005, 01:20:31 AM »
Ok Cetacea just do me a favor and get that feed back up soon its great.  Good luck on the move also I know how much of a pain it is.

Epp

Offline Sumo29

okinawa down temporarily
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2005, 10:57:34 AM »
yes, we will be waiting eagerly for that feed to be back ! it's really great listening to that "exotic" location !

Offline Cetacea

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2005, 01:35:37 AM »
Ok, here is an update.  I have succesfully moved into my new home and have the computer unpacked and hooked up.  It will still be a few days for me to get the antenna up on the roof.  Also, I have to figure out how I am going to run the cable from the antenna to the computer.   I have an idea, but my house is so full of boxes right now, it will have to wait.  The feed should be up and running by Tueday.

Offline Cetacea

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2005, 10:04:24 PM »
Good news, the feed is back up today.  It appears that the quality is about the same.  Not sure, you will have to let me know.  Also, we will see during the week whether or not it picks up the UHF freqs just as well.  Enjoy...

Offline Sumo29

okinawa is back ?
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2005, 03:42:54 PM »
Great news indeed, to see the Okinawa feed is back!
I'll start monitoring right away and I'll keep you informed as to the quality of the reception...
anyway, thanks for taking the time and trouble to put the feed back on line !!
Hope you enjoy your new residence !
 ( I undersand the whole place is somewhat noisy with all these fighters blasting all day !!:-)     )
Sumo29

Offline Sumo29

okinawa feed
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2005, 05:56:04 AM »
The reception is very good now, louder and clearer than before, according to me.
We can hear  Okinawa departure North very well, I suppose your are locked on that frequency for the moment.

Offline HH60CC

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2005, 06:19:05 PM »
Cetacea:  How are ya? I'm stationed in Okinawa as well.  I fly the cessnas out here with the aero club so you've probably heard me once or twice :).  "N4961R is at 5R..5L..5R ready for take off :lol:" Great quality on Okinawa Approach.  Sounds exactly the same as when im flying...I can understand the controllers, but not the japanese who are flying the planes :).

Offline Cetacea

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2005, 09:34:13 PM »
Hi Mike...

I too am a member of the Aero Club.  I'm sure you have seen me around as I am always at the monthly safety meetings.  I'm the one who speaks for the RAPCON whenever something needs to be addressed.  I also usually conduct the tours of the RAPCON for the ground school students.

Take care and fly safe.

Offline HH60CC

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2005, 02:42:59 AM »
right on, if you were at the meeting yesterday (atleast i thought someone was there from RAPCON), i was the guy sitting with the instructors, introduced myself as a new member...