Author Topic: Old server decommissioned (audio.liveatc.net:8012)  (Read 9524 times)

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
Old server decommissioned (audio.liveatc.net:8012)
« on: February 03, 2009, 10:47:31 AM »
The old Icecast load balancer has been shut down.  I announced some time ago that I switched to a new server for connections (d.liveatc.net) so this should not come as a surprise, but I am sure some folks have old bookmarks that they will need to update.

If you can't connect to a feed, just go to the feed listing on the site.  That is the only place where you can find the current link to a feed, now and in the future.

Thanks,
Dave

Offline Chananya Freedman

Re: Old server decommissioned (audio.liveatc.net:8012)
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2009, 05:51:15 PM »
Hi Dave.  I'm a little confused.  Some of my feeds are working, some aren't.  I use i-tunes to access them.  Should I re-download the feeds that aren't working?  What do you suggest?  Thank you again for your patience, service & assistance.

Chananya 

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2009, 05:58:57 PM »
Find the feed, click on LISTEN, or click on iTunes.  Remove bookmarks that don't work.

Simple.  :-)

Offline Chananya Freedman

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2009, 07:25:48 PM »
Quick piece of advice for other i-tunes users...  if you have a a lot of feeds, this may be a good time to do some consolidation, meaning if you don't want a particular feed, Once removed, don't put it back.  I would replace it with something new.

Also, Dave, I have now finished my "re-importation" for now.  This was a good opportunity for me to consolidate.  Be well. 

Chananya.

Offline kyle172

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2009, 07:30:02 PM »
How do the servers work?. Do they feed directly from a dedicated line?, or do they send data to a central server then it sends back out to the listeners

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2009, 07:35:10 PM »
How do the servers work?. Do they feed directly from a dedicated line?, or do they send data to a central server then it sends back out to the listeners

There is a central server (at a well-connected data center) that sends the feeds out to a group of servers that listeners connect to.  When you connect, you are redirected to an available server.

_Dave

Offline kyle172

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2009, 12:03:52 AM »
Ahhh thats what I thought. I knew there was no way in hell that someone could do that from a residential or commercial dedicated line. It would just be too much of a overload. 

Nobody has yet offer a feed for Tampa International or MacDill AFB. So I'm thinking about it. I live a little bit farther out but I know if I can't pick up Tower, I can at least get Tampa approach or departure, I did some research on the elevation in my area, It seems I'm at a higher slope than TIA is but we will see