Author Topic: PANAMA FEED  (Read 4446 times)

Offline MIAMIATC

PANAMA FEED
« on: October 14, 2015, 12:43:14 PM »
I would hope that whoever runs the MPTO feed would consider just for 10 days in adding the NORTH SECTOR frequencies of 133.3 and 125.5  just for about a week and half and then they can return the radio to the original setup. The reason is that I am humbly requesting to listen to do research on handoffs from the NORTH sector on FLIGHTS NORTHBOUND.  PLEASE !

Thank You

Offline JetScan1

Re: PANAMA FEED
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2015, 02:19:12 PM »
I'd be interested in this as well. It would be very helpful if during such a test the arrival and low altitude frequencies, especially approach, could be locked out as they are very busy and usually block out most of the high altitude center transmissions during the day.

If such a test was ever possible it would be very helpful if the radio could be set to scan ONLY the following frequencies ....

133.300 - north
123.300 - south (and west and east when slow)
125.500 - east
120.300 - west
133.000 - west secondary ?

And any other high altitude Panama frequencies that might be used (the above are only the ones I've heard in recent use).

10 days of the above configuration would be very helpful. (I'll donate US$100 to the site operator if they can do this).

FYI - If you listen during the slow times on the overnight shift I've heard them combine the north and south sectors and have heard handoffs to Kingston. They also have cross-coupling capability on some frequency pairs.

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2015, 12:30:55 AM »
We operate the equipment there remotely.  I am not sure we can handle this request since the host is away working out of the country frequently and equipment "touch time" is very limited.  If we can handle it at some point I'll let you guys know.

Offline JetScan1

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2015, 10:40:08 AM »
Thanks for the info. Dave. Appreciated.