Author Topic: philadelphia intl app/dep frequencys  (Read 4835 times)

Offline mattl3320

philadelphia intl app/dep frequencys
« on: June 04, 2013, 02:46:43 AM »
hi I am new to this site but I have been in the radio hobby for a couple of years. my ? is I live west of the Philadelphia airport and I see a lot of aircraft  inbound from my location in chester co near the boader of Lancaster co. pa I wanted to be able to listen to the app and dep airplanes only and the high and low atc channel can anyone help me. I now a few like 135.450 and 132.525 ect can I get a good list please thank u

Offline AeroBill

Re: philadelphia intl app/dep frequencys
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2013, 06:52:43 PM »
Hi Matt and welcome to the site.
If you have not yet done so, I would go the the Home page and in the Airport/ARTCC Code box type in KPHL. This
will bring up Phila international and you will see listed approach/departure freqs for the airport. Give a listen and
you will hear departure handing off the aircraft to ARTCC centers. This will give you current frequencies in use for
departing aircraft.
You can also type in the same box either ZNY or ZDC and get what frequencies for New York and Washington Centers
are covered by Live ATC. You will find some that handle traffic to and from Phila.
If you have a scanner you can go to the Radio Reference web site. They have a good, up-to-date listing of all
frequencies for centers in the USA. Again check NY and DC for frequencies. This will help also.

Bill

Offline mattl3320

Re: philadelphia intl app/dep frequencys
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2013, 11:14:24 PM »
ok thank u bill.