Author Topic: Iran-Tehran-Mehrabad (OIII)  (Read 45914 times)

Offline koorosh_shaghayegh

Iran-Tehran-Mehrabad (OIII)
« on: January 14, 2010, 12:38:08 PM »
Hi guys...
i just wondering that why there is no any feed from Iran?
for example from Mehrabad,you know this is very important airport in Tehran,of course this airport operates only domestic flights but anyway i think it should be intresting to have a feed from there...
so what's your idea?

Offline johnm1019

Re: Iran-Tehran-Mehrabad (OIII)
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2010, 04:40:30 PM »
I would worry that whoever tried to set it up might get taken away to a 'special place'.

Offline highflyyer

• Youtube
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2010, 12:34:53 AM »
I would worry that whoever tried to set it up might get taken away to a 'special place'.

lmao :lol:

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2010, 04:45:41 AM »
 :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yesssss...maybeeee!

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2010, 05:12:09 AM »
TNX fryy...
I had read it (FAQ)
i just want to know your ideas about creating this feed or Imam khomeini international (OIIE).

kea001

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2010, 07:01:04 AM »
To obtain both the wrath of Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and the blessing of Secretary of State Hillary Clinton all in one go would certainly be some kind of achievement; one not attained by mere mortals like us.

Perhaps you might want to vet this through the C.I.A. first. You might be able to get some parting gifts out of it, like on Jeopardy or Wheel of Fortune. Where's Don Pardo?

Offline melika

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2010, 09:18:41 AM »
Hi guys
I'm a new member :-D and have just registered here and this is my first post.
as I'm persian this topic attracted me :wink:
even mehrabad is not less than istanbul airport which has a feed here....

Offline melika

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2010, 09:20:42 AM »
To obtain both the wrath of Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and the blessing of Secretary of State Hillary Clinton all in one go would certainly be some kind of achievement; one not attained by mere mortals like us.

Perhaps you might want to vet this through the C.I.A. first. You might be able to get some parting gifts out of it, like on Jeopardy or Wheel of Fortune. Where's Don Pardo?

what do u really mean by these words?!!!
I think we r here just because we have something in common(I mean our interests ...)
not because of ahmadinejad or blessing of Secretary of your State Hillary Clinton.

Offline MathFox

• The Flying Fox
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2010, 09:24:49 AM »
One of the issues is that some countries forbid (either) reception or redistribution of ATC communications. That is the reason why there are no streams from Germany or the UK. (It is not worth risking prison for an ATC stream.)

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2010, 09:32:07 AM »
Hi melika
glad to see you comment.
I'm in agree with u,i think Mehrabad or Imam khomeini is two important airports that i think it's sounds will be intresting,and i like to listen to...
But it seems the other don't like this too much.

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2010, 09:41:48 AM »
hi MathFox..
yes,you know in Iran listening to these communications is forbid,and also finding an airband is very very very difficult and actually impossible,but some of the students pilot or other people that their works related to aviation have the airband,but i want to know you mean in other countries except germany and U.K listening to ATC is legal or not?because as you know these feeds provide by people that have airband and live in vicinity of that airports...

kea001

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2010, 10:51:12 AM »
what do u really mean by these words?!!!

To put it simply, it's called 'cost benefit analysis'; the rewards should be commensurate with the risk.
In this case....they are not

Furthermore, I'm pretty sure the management here cannot condone you breaking the law in your own country.

which is what this thread about Britain should confirm:
http://www.liveatc.net/forums/listener-forum/hethrow-feed/

or you can ask Dave directly.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 11:12:52 AM by kea001 »

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2010, 12:05:49 PM »
hi MathFox..
yes,you know in Iran listening to these communications is forbid,and also finding an airband is very very very difficult and actually impossible,but some of the students pilot or other people that their works related to aviation have the airband,but i want to know you mean in other countries except germany and U.K listening to ATC is legal or not?because as you know these feeds provide by people that have airband and live in vicinity of that airports...

So I believe you have answered your own question.  I am certain that Iranian law forbids sending the stream, and besides that there has been no reliable volunteer from Iran to offer the feed.

I would also appreciate it if the political comments on this thread would stop.  Nobody is impressed by the sarcasm and this community is about aviation and aviation communications.  Show some respect to each other, regardless of your political beliefs or convictions.

-Dave

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2010, 01:49:38 PM »
Hi Dave
thanks for your comment,I'm glad to see your comment about this topic,i should say that actually i know that in Iran sending these streams is forbidden but i thought that the other feeds is actually illegal too cause i know that these feeds are provided by volunteer supported so it is not provided by official sources.
i live in Iran and obviously i like to see the feed from Iran but as you say it is difficult and actually illegal, but i have questions...
First is if someone wants to provide this feed for Mehrabad or Imam khomeini or other stuff like this would you accept it or not?
and second is why you said that there is no reliable volunteer from Iran to offer the feed?
would you please tell me...
TNX a lottttt Dave.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 01:53:38 PM by koorosh_shaghayegh »

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2010, 04:03:34 PM »
Koorosh-

The other feeds are not illegal.  And it does not matter whether they are provided by "official sources." 

If someone wishes to provide the feed I will certainly consult with that person, but I can assure you that such consultation usually results in the feed not being provided, or not being provided in a reliable enough fashion.

As to "why you said that there is no reliable volunteer from Iran to offer the feed?" - one or two volunteers have stepped forward but they could not understand what was required to provide a feed nor followed up with me, despite numerous emails on my part.

Hope this helps.  If you want to follow up, contact me privately.  This is not a topic for extended forum discussion.

-Dave

Hi Dave
thanks for your comment,I'm glad to see your comment about this topic,i should say that actually i know that in Iran sending these streams is forbidden but i thought that the other feeds is actually illegal too cause i know that these feeds are provided by volunteer supported so it is not provided by official sources.
i live in Iran and obviously i like to see the feed from Iran but as you say it is difficult and actually illegal, but i have questions...
First is if someone wants to provide this feed for Mehrabad or Imam khomeini or other stuff like this would you accept it or not?
and second is why you said that there is no reliable volunteer from Iran to offer the feed?
would you please tell me...
TNX a lottttt Dave.

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2010, 05:07:53 PM »
TANX for all of your valuable information and guides.
With the best wishes for you.

Offline bardia92

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2011, 10:07:12 AM »
Dear Dave
Thank you very much for your great site. getting feeds from Iran is Very difficults or better say impossible. I have also noticed that you had put Mehrabad approach 3 minutes recording on your site; so I just wanted to ask you that if it is possibl, and if you have any other recording from Iran, Please put it on your website and make we, Iranians, happy :-D

Thank you very much and Best Regards

Offline CP.Arash

« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2011, 08:02:33 AM »
Mehrabad TMA just=Romina!
Great:)

Offline alfa delta

« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2012, 08:33:08 PM »
Hi guys...
for example from Mehrabad,you know this is very important airport in Tehran,of course this airport operates only domestic flights but anyway i think it should be intresting to have a feed from there...
so what's your idea?

Offline alfa delta

« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2012, 08:36:33 PM »

Thank you very much for your great site. getting feeds from Iran is Very difficults or better say impossible. I have also noticed that you had put Mehrabad approach 3 minutes recording on your site; so I just wanted to ask you that if it is possibl, and if you have any other recording from Iran, Please put it on your website and make we, Iranians, happy

Posted by: k

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2012, 08:40:21 PM »
We'd love to make you happy, but I am fairly sure it is illegal to stream from Iran.  Correct me if I am wrong.

Offline alfa delta

« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2012, 04:27:04 PM »

Thank you very much for your great site. getting feeds from Iran is Very difficults or better say impossible. I have also noticed that you had put Mehrabad approach 3 minutes recording on your site; so I just wanted to ask you that if it is possibl, and if you have any other recording from Iran, Please put it on your website and make we, Iranians, happy

Offline alfa delta

« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2012, 04:36:22 PM »

« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 05:57:11 PM by alfa delta »

Offline alfa delta

« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2012, 04:47:49 PM »
Hi guys...
so what's your idea?