Author Topic: question for feeder of oak center san fran  (Read 11236 times)

Offline vz1

question for feeder of oak center san fran
« on: June 24, 2009, 11:40:59 AM »
first of all thank you for the feed.  can you tell me the bounders of the three sectors?  thank you lyle

Offline Squawk 7700

• Squawk 7700 on Flickr
Re: question for feeder of oak center san fran
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2009, 12:42:10 PM »
Here are the boundaries of Oakland Center Sectors 35, 40, and 41
http://www.freqofnature.com/aviation/zoa/index.html

Member inigo88 posted an excellent description of Sector 40 and 41 activity and details here:
http://www.liveatc.net/forums/listener-forum/zoa-oakland-center-now-has-a-feed/msg17455/#msg17455

Thanks for listening!  :-D
« Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 12:37:17 PM by Squawk 7700 »

Offline inigo88

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2009, 03:12:41 PM »
Thanks for reviving it!

40/41 is cool because it's the last low altitude ZOA sector close to the bay area that hasn't been swallowed up by NCT.

Thanks for also including 35, as I can't actually hear it from home. In addition to the ARINC handoffs, we should be able to catch some Milair guys going to and from the warning areas. (I wonder if anyone near their Half Moon Bay transmitter would consider feeding Beaver Control - San Diego FACSFAC? :) )

Thanks again, and I still listen to your OAK feed frequently. It's the best one here as far as I'm concerned!

Regards,

Inigo

Offline Squawk 7700

• Squawk 7700 on Flickr
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2009, 11:15:51 AM »
Thanks on the KOAK compliments! :-)

Would you happen to know the frequency of the Half Moon Bay transmitter for Beaver Control? I wonder if it's something I can pick up?

Regards,

Ken

Offline inigo88

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2009, 06:44:37 PM »
Absolutely!

Beaver Control ATIS - 282.0
SAR Coordination - 282.8

Warning Area W-260 / W-513:

290.15 - Primary
353.35 - Secondary

Warning Area W-283 / W-285A/B/C/D

328.45 - Primary
282.05 - Secondary

Apparently 120.825 is also used by Beaver Control.

A couple other fun ones:

296.7 - ZOA's Ultra High Altitude "Amber 4" frequency - Used to talk to U-2 pilots from Beale AFB flying above FL600. There is an RCAG for it on Mt Tamalpais, and it is always combined with other sectors so you'll hear them simulcasting on it.

271.0 - NORAD WADS "BIGFOOT" - Blue 15
364.2 - NORAD WADS "BIGFOOT" - Blue 7 (AICC)

(Used by Combat Air Patrol Flights & for interceptions. Also has a transmitter on Mt Tam RCAG)

Mid Air Refueling Tracks Map & Frequencies:
http://www.milaircomms.com/refuel_tracks.html    (AR-5L/H and AR-6 are right off shore)

If you're interested in more Milair receiving in the Bay Area I recommend joining this group, as they have a lot of good information:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/baymilcom/

Most are very seldom used, but I hope you have luck receiving some of these! :)

Regards,

Inigo

Offline Squawk 7700

• Squawk 7700 on Flickr
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2009, 12:36:38 PM »
Wow, thanks Inigo!
You are a wealth of information!
I'll plug those numbers in and see what I come up with? :-D
Ken

Offline inigo88

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2009, 06:27:51 AM »
Just flew into OAK last weekend and shot touch and gos on runway 27L while getting dual in a Citabria for my tailwheel endorsement! It was the first Class C airport I've ever landed at. It was a blast and the liveatc feed was invaluable in helping me feel prepared.

I found myself in the archives for the first time (that was awesome!  8-) ), and I'm debating posting it. :) However, north local was getting really swamped with VFR requests and opened a SECOND local position in the north tower! (So I changed frequencies and my closed traffic wasn't caught on the feed... no biggie.)

Just FYI the 2nd North Tower Local for Rwy 27L is 124.90 MHz. Would you consider adding it to the north tower side of the feed? :D

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2009, 09:06:01 AM »
Just flew into OAK last weekend and shot touch and gos on runway 27L while getting dual in a Citabria for my tailwheel endorsement! It was the first Class C airport I've ever landed at. It was a blast and the liveatc feed was invaluable in helping me feel prepared.

I found myself in the archives for the first time (that was awesome!  8-) ), and I'm debating posting it. :) However, north local was getting really swamped with VFR requests and opened a SECOND local position in the north tower! (So I changed frequencies and my closed traffic wasn't caught on the feed... no biggie.)

Just FYI the 2nd North Tower Local for Rwy 27L is 124.90 MHz. Would you consider adding it to the north tower side of the feed? :D

Congrats on your tailwheel! Glad the site was of some use to you!

Offline inigo88

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2009, 04:06:43 PM »
Thanks Dave!

Offline inigo88

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2009, 04:45:41 AM »
Hey Dave, Ken et al.,

I decided to post the clip I made of myself from the archives to the audio clips forum, along with a fairly thorough trip report of the flight. It's available here:

http://www.liveatc.net/forums/atcaviation-audio-clips/thanks-to-the-oak-feed/

Please let me know if you enjoyed it or found it helpful. :)

Kind regards,

Inigo

Offline Squawk 7700

• Squawk 7700 on Flickr
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2009, 04:18:38 PM »
Hi Inigo,

I found myself with a grin after hearing "383 Alpha Charlie"  :-D. That really cool! Glad KOAK was useful and hopefully a good training aid? I definitely will add 124.9 Mhz to the North Field feed. Somehow I forgot about that frequency, thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Your trip report was great, highlighting many landmarks and sights including Airship Ventures which picks up passengers at the North Field. Heard normally is a female pilot with an English accent and a male pilot with a heavy German accent. Love to get on board but tickets are around $500 for the Bay tour. :-o

Beaver Control "Good News - Bad News"
I punched in all the VHF and UHF frequencies you mentioned earlier in this post and "Good News" I can receive all of them! Reception is great!
"Bad News" all transmissions heard were basically short bursts of "Test: three, two, one" followed by Test: one, two, three".  Good info to keep handy.

Regards,

Ken

ps. Citabria spelled backwards is Airbatic  :-D

Offline Squawk 7700

• Squawk 7700 on Flickr
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2009, 02:12:14 PM »

Added :-)

Dave / Jason  - When you get a chance can you update the frequency listings for KOAK and add 124.90 MHz to the North Tower (right channel) table?

Thanks!