Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 28, 2014, 07:17:13 PM
Home Help Login Register      
News: LiveATC.net Flyers Released!  Please click here to download & print a copy and be sure to post at an airport near you!

+  LiveATC Discussion Forums
|-+  Air Traffic Monitoring
| |-+  Listener Forum (Moderators: dave, RonR)
| | |-+  questions about uniden bearcat BC350C
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: questions about uniden bearcat BC350C  (Read 4637 times)
Аэрофлот Jr.

« on: November 10, 2008, 08:15:49 PM »

how many miles this scanner can receive witin ?   im lookin to buy my first scanner ,  if you know good scanners , please let me know  smiley
« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 03:32:09 PM by Аэрофлот Jr. » Logged

sincerely, Rae
laylow

« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2008, 03:22:14 PM »

depends on your distance from the source, terrain, buildings, line of sight, the weather, the sun, etc.
ect76

EGPH

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2008, 02:23:43 PM »

What your scanner will receive, and from where, depends on a number of factors, most of which are mentioned above. As a rule, a handheld scanner with a standard "rubber duckie" antenna won't recieve much if you're more than a mile or so away from the source. There are many ways to increase your area of coverage though, like external antennae, pre-amps...Sometimes though, you'll get good results with a (relatively) cheap magmount antenna and a decent scanner. (I have a Uniden UBC92XLT with an airband tuned magmount antenna and I love it...picks up everything but aircraft on the ground from my home 22miles away from the airport). My magmount was about £20. (Or $29.52 - Thanks Google!).
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length