Author Topic: Continental at KSYR  (Read 5341 times)

Offline makonyy15

Continental at KSYR
« on: November 28, 2008, 10:31:54 AM »
Happy Black Friday all,

Was listening to the KSYR feed this morning and picked up COA1930, B738 arriving from Newark. As far as I knew, COA had just been flying RJ's into Syracuse for the past couple years to EWR and CLE. I took a look at FlightAware and it appears its a weekly, or bi-weekly flight on a mainline jet. Perhaps just an adapted temporary schedule?

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/COA1930

Offline KSYR-pjr

Re: Continental at KSYR
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2008, 11:14:49 AM »
Interesting observation.  From what I have seen the airlines were moving away from serving the smaller, class C airports with these larger aircraft and instead sticking with regional jets and regional carriers.   As recently as earlier this fall SYR was served by one of Continental's regional carriers, CommutAir, flying Bombardier Q200s

I agree with you that this may only be a temporary holiday move.

Offline makonyy15

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2008, 11:34:19 AM »
I also noticed this start up of the Commutair flights earlier in the fall. The funny thing is, that B738 has nothing filed for the next day or two out of SYR. Tried to track down when those previous flights had left, but couldn't. I'm stumped for the time being.

EDIT: Just popped up as COA1906 headed to CVG. Departed from Terminal Gate 22 (Regular Continental Gate) out of SYR.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2008, 12:29:27 PM by makonyy15 »

Offline Amante de Aviones

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2008, 01:48:30 PM »
not completetly sure bout this but i think COA flights in the 1900 range are charters

Offline davolijj

• MMAC ARSR OKC
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2008, 05:29:44 PM »
COA has been doing this for years in SYR.  They always bring in mainline "extra section" flights the week before Thanksgiving.  Back when I worked at the airport they didn't even have regional jets, just AT42 and E120 Express flights.  Delta used to do this too, not sure if they still do.

Also, most charter and stub flights are in the 9900 flight number range.