airtraffic

Author Topic: REQUESTING MATHER KMHR  (Read 9255 times)

Offline vman72mcs

REQUESTING MATHER KMHR
« on: May 02, 2012, 10:17:30 AM »
I'm looking for anyone in the Sacramento area that could post KMHR. I have a friend there who controls and from what I hear they get some interesting GA/Military traffic sequencing!!

Vman72mcs 

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
Re: REQUESTING MATHER KMHR
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2012, 02:00:16 PM »
We may have a feed coming on there in the next few weeks.

Offline tyketto

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2012, 03:07:03 PM »
I'm looking for anyone in the Sacramento area that could post KMHR. I have a friend there who controls and from what I hear they get some interesting GA/Military traffic sequencing!!

Vman72mcs 

This they do, and it may help out quite a bit in that area since the NorCal TRACON is 2 blocks east of KMHR. We wouldn't get everything from the bay area, but from my time out there, you can cover the entire Sacramento valley area (not including towers at the various airports) from there.

BL.

Offline Fryy/Avocadoflight

• CalAggieFlyers
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2012, 05:55:51 PM »
I'd be willing to donate money or scanners to help run a Norcal Sacramento feed. PM me if anyone is interested.

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2012, 04:22:50 PM »
Can anyone confirm if any of the NORCAL transmitters are right at the TRACON or at MHR?

Offline tyketto

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2012, 02:30:33 PM »
Can anyone confirm if any of the NORCAL transmitters are right at the TRACON or at MHR?

My tour guide there mentioned that they are right at the TRACON, at the northeast side of the facility.

NORCAL TRACON at Google Maps. KMHR is immediately west, at the end of Douglas Road.

BL.

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2012, 02:35:32 PM »
There is a receiver on its way to Mather, primarily to cover KMHR.  All the Sac area NORCAL frequencies are programmed in but locked out for now.  127.4 is already covered on its own feed.  Not sure what exact flows/areas are covered by the other Sac frequencies.

Offline Fryy/Avocadoflight

• CalAggieFlyers
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2012, 02:31:09 AM »
125.25 and 134.8 are pretty busy frequencies with aircraft going in and out of KSMF and KSAC. Those would be really cool to hear.

Offline tyketto

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2012, 01:32:56 PM »
There is a receiver on its way to Mather, primarily to cover KMHR.  All the Sac area NORCAL frequencies are programmed in but locked out for now.  127.4 is already covered on its own feed.  Not sure what exact flows/areas are covered by the other Sac frequencies.

125.25 and 134.8 are pretty busy frequencies with aircraft going in and out of KSMF and KSAC. Those would be really cool to hear.

Those are the busiest, yes.. you'll also have 125.4 (covers NE of KSMF), and 123.85 and 124.8 (covers KSCK, but you can hear it clearly from KMHR). With 34.8 covering N/NW, 125.25 covering west, and 23.85 and 24.8 covering south, this gets you full coverage from Beale AFB, KMYV, and KOVE (up to 50nm north of SMF), to KSUU (which should already be covered), to KSCK (40nm south of SMF), to KPVF (30nm east). There we start to lose it in the mountains. But this location would cover the entire Sacramento area.

BL.

Offline bwells

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2012, 03:50:18 PM »
Hey Guys I work here at Norcal for Raytheon and there are some transmitters here. The following freq's can be heard really well 127.4,125.25,134.8 the others they can't be heard well are 120.45,123.7 since those transmitters aren't here at the location.

Offline MHRFeed

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2012, 04:44:45 PM »
Hi all!

I am the slacker who has been sitting on getting the scanner up and running.  I've submitted it to Dave now and it will hopefully be published shortly!

Right now the reception is a little... lacking... I'm on the field but I'm using the antennae that came with the unit.  If I can figure out how to build an antennae (on the cheap...) or if someone has one to donate I can put it on top of our building which is the tallest building around.

Until then, happy listening!
-MHRFeed

Offline silagi

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2012, 05:03:26 PM »
I live in the Bay Area and would love to have this feed working good.  I would be more than happy to make a trip up to MHR to help you with an antenna setup.  Send me a private message off line.

Offline silagi

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2012, 11:54:43 AM »
I see it is online this morning.  Sounding good!  Is that the still the antenna that came with the radio?