Author Topic: Riga (EVRA) Feed  (Read 10478 times)

Offline hotdog12

Riga (EVRA) Feed
« on: April 19, 2013, 06:09:52 AM »
Hi,

Unfortunately since yesterday Riga (EVRA) feed is down, any ideas/reasons why and any hope seeing it up again? Myself and a few other people I know are really interested for this feed, as Riga is the main airport in the region in terms of passengers and traffic. So any estimates and info appreciated.

http://www.liveatc.net/search/?icao=evra

Thanks a lot.

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
Re: Riga (EVRA) Feed
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2013, 08:00:22 AM »
Sometimes technical issue can bring feeds down for a little while, especially new feeds that are stil being sorted out.  I trust EVRA will be back.

Offline Metlik

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2013, 11:03:13 AM »
It definitely will be back. I went outside my country yesterday and exactly yesterday there happen some kind of trouble with Internet connection. Today late evening I'll be back and will try to restore the feeds. Sorry for disconnection :(

UPD: feeds are back!
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 06:26:02 AM by Metlik »

Offline hotdog12

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2013, 04:39:48 PM »
Thanks a lot!!!

By the way, as you might know there is a new sector in Riga since 4th of april, second sector of Riga APP with frequency 134,850 MHz, its up when there are more than 5 inbound a/c expected in 30min... Would be just amazing if you could add this to your stream as APP is one of the most interesting sectors..  Any chance seeing it up someday? :-))

Offline Metlik

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2013, 06:30:35 AM »
Thanks a lot!!!

By the way, as you might know there is a new sector in Riga since 4th of april, second sector of Riga APP with frequency 134,850 MHz, its up when there are more than 5 inbound a/c expected in 30min... Would be just amazing if you could add this to your stream as APP is one of the most interesting sectors..  Any chance seeing it up someday? :-))

Do you propose to add additional scanner to provide this frequency separately or combine both approach frequencies? Actually I'm over my budget to buy one more scanner, but we can cooperate together for that (the price for the scanner is 75 Ls). Additional sound card I can provide by myself. So, what do you think?

Offline hotdog12

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2013, 06:40:05 AM »
That's a good idea actually... I'm also over my budget for this month, but we could try to arrange this next month maybe :-)) What scanner (model) are you planning to use for this purpose?

But for now you could try to combine these two frequencies just to see how that works :-))

Offline Metlik

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2013, 07:41:56 AM »
I'm using this one:
http://www.2wayradio.eu/pages/product_detail.php?l=lv&valute=ls&id_group=7&id_subgroup=0&id_product=862&page=1&position=0&sort=num&manufacturer=&section=products

BTW: how you are listening a several feeds simultaneously? If I'm using flash plugin for browser it regularly loses the connection and stops. If I'm using Winamp it works Ok, but only for one separated feed. I'm unable to start two or three Winamp instances for the same time. Any tips or tricks? :)
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 07:48:42 AM by Metlik »

Offline hotdog12

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2013, 07:59:59 AM »
I use VLC player for APP and flash for TWR )) But yeah flash is not that reliable so it disconnects more often, but still works fine for most of the time :-))

In regards to the B sector, for now maybe you could combine CTAF and 134.850 as a temporal solution? The thing is that 134.850 is mostly active during the evening (2130-2200LT), and there are very few VFR traffic at that time, so wouldn't affect listening that much as combining it with 129.925.

Offline Metlik

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2013, 07:07:00 AM »
Due to outage of one of the scanners CTAF frequency is moved to Riga TWR scanner (three frequencies scan mode: 118.1, 121.5, 123.95). Non-operational scanner is under repair for unknown term.

Offline Metlik

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2013, 03:19:55 PM »
All three channels are back in service.