Author Topic: S-PAC HF ?  (Read 4143 times)

Offline MIAMIATC

S-PAC HF ?
« on: February 25, 2014, 12:17:52 PM »
Are there any plans since it seems a good amount of HF recievers are now online that one is in the future that covers out/inbound Oceanic traffic  to and from Austrailia up the USA 5643/8867. This would plug a huge hole in the Pacific not covered .

Thanks

Offline InterpreDemon

Re: S-PAC HF ?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2014, 04:30:05 PM »
I think what we would need is a volunteer or two in Fiji, Samoa or Hawaii in order to fill in the gaps, in addition to receivers on the west coast and in down in Melbourne what with the skip zones rolling across that huge expanse. I've been able to pick up that traffic from here on the east coast, but it is entirely random and very rare. Can get 5547 out of SFO pretty regularly later at night, but most of the South Pacific is best heard for me on the higher bands during the day.

Offline MIAMIATC

Re: S-PAC HF ?
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2014, 10:27:03 AM »
There were a couple of other sites I would go to to listen to ATC other than here. There was one in Alger WA but now its locked to only anything above 10M . Used to have fun with that one on 5547 8843 and the Oceanic 5643/8867. Even had great copverage of in and outbound of Japan going up the Allutians. A few other radios in CALI were able to receive all PAC TRAFF. So if we can get a good antenna and radio situated in Cali(LAX-SAN) area that would be Jackpot.