Author Topic: Sun & Fun  (Read 21045 times)

Offline bwicker

• http://www.myspace.com/bwicker
Sun & Fun
« on: March 27, 2006, 03:46:26 AM »
I'm interested in going to sun & fun here in a few weeks, and i'm sure there are some people from this group who would be going as well, but would it be possible to see who all was thinking about attending, and if it would be possible for someone who was close to get some audio from sun & fun.  I'm also going to add a poll on here, just to get an idea to see how many were going from this group.

Offline nfredrich

Sun & Fun
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2006, 04:11:41 AM »
What is sun and fun? for those of us who aren't smoooooooooooth. :)

Offline bwicker

Sun & Fun
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2006, 04:55:58 AM »
Quote from: nfredrich
What is sun and fun? for those of us who aren't smoooooooooooth. :)

lol, sun and fun is the second largest airshow in the country, second to Airventure ("Oshkosh"), it's held in lakeland florida on april 4-10th.  for more info it's all at www.sun-n-fun.org

feel free to bring any psychedelic jets you may have around, only then will you be smooooooooth :)

Offline nfredrich

Sun & Fun
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2006, 06:22:08 AM »
Well I cant bring my psychedelic jet becasue the company wont let me, the company owns my psychedelic jet its really aweeeeeeesome you should some up an fly in it sometime, its really smoooooooooth. I wont be coming to sun and fun becasue I need to fly to guatemala and costa rica and get some foooooooood but I really cant talk about that right now. I've been to Oshkosh before in my cessna 172 it was really smoooooooooth, I bounced are ound like a goose on my first landing but after that it was smoooooooooth.

Offline Jason

• CFI/CFII
Sun & Fun
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2006, 06:44:59 AM »
I'll be heading down to Sun-n'-fun on Thursday 4/6.  It should be a great show!  I don't think I'll be streaming the audio, because the hotel I'm staying at is outside Lakeland and don't want to leave the laptop on the entire time.

Jason

Offline Tom56

Sun & Fun
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2006, 07:06:36 AM »
Jason, You look a lot like Capt. Caneman. You could pass for a relative. :lol:  All you need is a beard and a jet. J/K of course.

Offline bwicker

Sun & Fun
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2006, 07:47:31 AM »
Quote from: BuZZ56
Jason, You look a lot like Capt. Caneman. You could pass for a relative. :lol:  All you need is a beard and a jet. J/K of course.

don't forget the gloves

Offline Biff

• Biff's Hangar
Sun & Fun
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2006, 09:32:04 AM »
I'll be there.  It's only about an hour's drive so I won't be staying overnight.  The F-22 will be appearing at its first public airshow there.  Wouldn't want to miss that.  :D

Last year they had the best night airshow I've ever seen.  I really hope they're doing that again this year.

Offline Jason

• CFI/CFII
Sun & Fun
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2006, 04:41:18 PM »

While I don't quite think I agree with you, I'll say thanks!  LOL.  ...working on both of the two that you mentioned above.  In fact, if anyone would like to aid in the latter of those two, feel free to contact me or Dave.  I think we warrant our own LiveATC.net BizJet, don't we, Dave? <G>

Jason

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
Sun & Fun
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2006, 04:45:55 PM »
Quote from: Jason

While I don't quite think I agree with you, I'll say thanks!  LOL.  ...working on both of the two that you mentioned above.  In fact, if anyone would like to aid in the latter of those two, feel free to contact me or Dave.  I think we warrant our own LiveATC.net BizJet, don't we, Dave? <G>

Jason

Yeah, I always wanted to get a type rating in a Gulfstream, Citation, or Challenger.  Then I could be smooooooth, too.  Caneman's a riot.  It's so stupid it's funny!

Read Caneman's life story...it's a good read.

Dave

Offline KSYR-pjr

Sun & Fun
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2006, 04:46:54 PM »
It seems your poll is missing a very popular answer:  "Not going but sure would love to.  Perhaps next year."

Offline Jason

• CFI/CFII
Sun & Fun
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2006, 04:54:43 PM »
Quote from: dave
Yeah, I always wanted to get a type rating in a Gulfstream, Citation, or Challenger.  Then I could be smooooooth, too.  Caneman's a riot.  It's so stupid it's funny!

Dave

Talk about some serious donations!  Based on the $450 donated for the SFO feed in one week, I've done the math and have found it would take ~427 years to get the funds for a new Citation.  By that time, I HOPE that they have flying cars and stuff is less expensive.  Finding the time to get typed would be more of a problem than the money, Dave! hehe....

Caneman is one hell-of-a pilot taking "humor" to the next level  :wink:

Jason

Offline bwicker

Sun & Fun
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2006, 04:57:49 PM »
Quote from: KSYR-pjr
It seems your poll is missing a very popular answer:  "Not going but sure would love to.  Perhaps next year."

lol yeah i guess i should have put it on there, if i could figure out how to edit that poll i would re-do it.  :D

Offline Jason

• CFI/CFII
Sun & Fun
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2006, 05:02:51 PM »
Caneman's a riot.  It's so stupid it's funny!

This got me cracking up for a while this afternoon:

Listen to his radio call!

Offline bwicker

Sun & Fun
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2006, 05:05:34 PM »

Dave

Talk about some serious donations!  Based on the $450 donated for the SFO feed in one week, I've done the math and have found it would take ~427 years to get the funds for a new Citation.  By that time, I HOPE that they have flying cars and stuff is less expensive.  Finding the time to get typed would be more of a problem than the money, Dave! hehe....

Caneman is one hell-of-a pilot taking "humor" to the next level  :wink:

Jason

lol, well from what i've seen most CFI's have horrible signatures that are easily duplicated...soo... just do a lot of studying, maybe fly a citation on flight sim for a while and then figure out the CFI# of a CFI who is typed in a citation and log a lot of ground and "sim" time using the scribbled sig and # and you'll be golden... so long as you study enough to pass the test and don't crash... :)  

If anyone from the FAA is reading this... i have never done this... I swear!!!

Offline Jason

• CFI/CFII
Sun & Fun
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2006, 05:08:19 PM »
Quote from: bwicker
...maybe fly a citation on flight sim for a while and then figure out the CFI# of a CFI who is typed in a citation and log a lot of ground and "sim" time using the scribbled sig and # and you'll be golden...

Not sure if you're kidding here or not...  I like to keep my logbook true and legal  :wink:

I rather abide by the FARs than violate them.

Offline bwicker

Sun & Fun
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2006, 05:17:52 PM »
LOL, of course i'm kidding, I'm a strict abider of the CYOA rule, if you aren't bending the rules you're covered.  

That video of him in the 172 was priceless... I want to fly with him, he'd be a trip.

Offline Jason

• CFI/CFII
Sun & Fun
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2006, 05:18:42 PM »
Quote from: bwicker
LOL, of course i'm kidding, I'm a strict abider of the CYOA rule, if you aren't bending the rules you're covered.  

That video of him in the 172 was priceless... I want to fly with him, he'd be a trip.

I'd rather just watch the video, but that's just me  :lol:

Offline bwicker

Sun & Fun
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2006, 05:22:30 PM »
He looks like a good pilot (except for that bounced landing he shows, i was expecting that nose strut to snap) and it would most deffinately be one of those experiences you'd take to the grave with you, How many people do you know of that go flying in an '80's wig?  I'd love to see him in a bar.

Offline nfredrich

Sun & Fun
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2006, 11:52:34 PM »
heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey I'm not used to those single engine piston planes. My last two landings were smoooooooooth as you could probably see! I didnt bounce around like a goose.

Offline USFJoseph

Sun & Fun
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2006, 06:53:47 AM »
Please stay away! ;)  Just kidding -- come on over (and spend your money)

Sun & Fun will be great for me this year not only because I live a few min away from Lakeland but I know work about 2 min from the airport and all of the traffic for 27 comes right over the building :-D

See ya'll soon :)

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
Sun & Fun
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2006, 07:04:24 AM »
I won't be at Sun-n-Fun but I need to be in Daytona that weekend.  Does anyone know the layout at Embry-Riddle?  How far is the airport from campus?  What's a good place to hang out and watch planes?  I won't have a ton of free time but will be around Saturday.

Dave

Offline Jason

• CFI/CFII
Sun & Fun
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2006, 07:22:07 AM »
I won't be at Sun-n-Fun but I need to be in Daytona that weekend.  Does anyone know the layout at Embry-Riddle?  How far is the airport from campus?  What's a good place to hang out and watch planes?  I won't have a ton of free time but will be around Saturday.

Dave

Hey Dave,

Have a good time!  Give me a call if you have time.

A layout of the Daytona [ERAU] Campus:
http://www.erau.edu/db/tours/mapDaytona.pdf

The airport is about just under 4 miles from the University.  I'm sure if you bring your airport ID from KBED, the people at Shelton Air won't mind if you stick around there for a bit [at KDAB].  Try giving them a call (386-255-0471) and see what they say.  Be sure and take a few LiveATC.net flyers with you.

Enjoy and let me know how it goes,
Jason

Offline Biff

• Biff's Hangar
Sun & Fun
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2006, 09:40:47 AM »

This got me cracking up for a while this afternoon:

Listen to his radio call!

Notice he wasn't keying the mic when he made that call.  ;)

Offline ZOTAN

Sun & Fun
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2006, 11:53:00 AM »
Ahhh, someone took my avatar.  :lol: