airtraffic

Author Topic: Transoceanic feeds  (Read 8819 times)

Offline machie

Transoceanic feeds
« on: July 29, 2014, 08:53:06 PM »
Hi All

I am looking for Atlantic and Pacific radio feeds. Can some one point me to a good place for that in the archives

Thanks for any help

Cheers
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 01:27:15 AM by machie »

Offline martyj19

Re: Transoceanic feeds
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2014, 10:06:13 PM »
You may want to read this closely because if I understand what you want to do, it would violate the site's Terms Of Use and infringe the copyright that it holds on the content.

http://www.liveatc.net/legal/

Offline machie

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2014, 11:22:00 PM »
I dont think I am violating any of the rules---I just play the  stream while I am doing other things---I have been listening to these streams for all the approved reasons for years---I am a pilot and have learned how to be a better pilot by listening---I do not use them in anyway other than as a listener

Offline machie

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2014, 11:23:47 PM »
I asked for directions to the best place for transocianic content because I have been trying to listen to those streams for years and have never been able to find a good one

Offline martyj19

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2014, 11:50:08 PM »
Well if that's the case I misunderstood.  For personal use only you are good.  Maybe you meant to say "Virtual Airline flights".  The "feeds" had me thinking you were intending to redistribute.

The limitations of HF radio are the major constraint on how good the quality can be.  Also the transmissions are infrequent simply because there's not a lot to do other than get to the next point where you have to report position.

« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 11:55:02 PM by martyj19 »

Offline RonR

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2014, 11:10:53 AM »
Hello Machie,

All of the available Liveatc transoceanic HF feeds can be found here.  The archives can also be found here:

http://www.liveatc.net/feedindex.php?type=hf

I hope this helps.

Ron

Offline machie

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2014, 02:59:32 PM »
Marty and Ron,

Thanks much for the helpful replies. Marty, rest assured there is no interest at all in any sort of redistribution---I am a retired pilot and a simmer--any live atc files I listen to are for my own personal entertainment and or education.
Cheers
Dorn

Offline machie

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2014, 12:11:36 PM »

Ron,
Thanks, these are great feeds for Atlantic tracks---are there any Pacific track here at Live ATC?. I am interested in flights in the Pacific and Asia (Indian Ocean)

Cheers

Dorn

Offline RonR

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2014, 10:51:50 PM »
Hi Dorn,

All of the HF feeds available through Liveatc are listed on that page.  The only Pacific feed that is currently available is the HF CWP1/2 feed out of Australia.  There is also the HF NAT-D (West Coast) 8891 feed that would have trans Atlantic flights as well as flights bound for Asia that pass over northern Canada but that feed is down at the moment.  Don't know when it will be back up.

Ron

Offline RonR

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2014, 11:13:32 PM »
That HF CWP1/2 feed out of Australia feed is actually quite active.  Listening right now (03:09 UTC) and there is quite a bit of activity...If you're looking for Pacific action, then this feed would be good one to listen to...the feed is currently tuned to frequency 17904.

Ron